Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Discover, monitor and protect your confidential data
Symantec Data Loss Prevention software is a comprehensive, content-aware solution that discovers, monitors, and protects confidential data wherever it is stored or used across network, storage and endpoint systems.
5 DLP Tips That Will Help You Get a Seat at the Table
Learn what security executives are saying about data loss prevention, how they’re using it to protect their business, and how to avoid common pitfalls.
The Only 7-Time Leader* in Data Loss Prevention
Symantec Positioned Highest in Vision and Execution in 2013 Gartner Magic Quadrant
* Vontu was acquired by Symantec; previous titles include Magic Quadrants for "Content Monitoring and Filtering" and "Data Loss Prevention."
Do you want to say “yes” to mobile devices?
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention for Mobile monitors and protects sensitive data sent from your iPad® and iPhone® mail client, browser, and apps, such as Facebook®, Twitter® and Dropbox.
- Unlike other solutions that restrict users from accessing apps and files on their iPads and iPhones, DLP for Mobile enables secure use of sensitive data without stopping business.
Are you worried about intellectual property walking out the door?
- Vector Machine Learning is the market's first and only machine learning technology, designed to simplify the detection of hard-to-find intellectual property, such as product designs and source code.
- It eliminates the need to create keyword-based policies or fingerprint documents, which can be time consuming and challenging for organizations with widely dispersed data.
Whose data is it anyway?
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention Data Insight secures and manages unstructured data, such as documents, spreadsheets and emails, on the network.
- It monitors file usage patterns and file access permissions on network attached storage (NAS) devices, including Microsoft® Windows®, NetApp and EMC.
- It improves data governance by providing insight into the ownership and usage of unstructured data.
- Discover: Find confidential data wherever it is stored, create an inventory of sensitive data, and automatically manage data cleanup.
- Monitor: Understand how confidential data is being used whether the user is on or off the corporate network, and gain enterprise visibility.
- Protect: Automatically enforce security policies to proactively secure data and prevent confidential data from leaving an organization.
- Manage: Define universal policies across the enterprise, remediate and report on incidents, and detect content accurately within one unified platform.
- Reduce proliferation of confidential data across enterprise data centers, client systems, remote offices, and end-user machines.
- Identify broken business processes transmitting confidential data.
- Monitor and protect communications of sensitive content to public websites.
- Define and deploy universal policies across the enterprise.
With Symantec Data Loss Prevention version 11.x, you can index documents stored on a remote SharePoint server using WebDAV.
WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) is a standard that provides extensions to the HTTP 1.1 protocol, allowing users to collaboratively edit and manage files on remote Web servers. Microsoft IIS deployments that...
Posted: 02-May-2013 15:48:11