USB 3.0, eSATA, and ExpressCard support
Provides expanded device controller support for greater control of endpoint environment.
Granular control of iOS devices
- Allow or block iPhone
- Allow or block iPad
- Allow or block iPod
Increased confidence for protecting your data
By restricting CD/DVD burning to Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition only, you can ensure that data burned to CD/DVD is encrypted or completely blocked.
User- and computer- based policies
Enforce policies specific to end-users or computers.
- Computer based policy ensures that the desired controls are in place, regardless of what user has logged onto the computer
- User based policy allow for user-specific policies to be applied regardless of the computer that that the users are logged onto
Easier management of user policies
Native client-server policy distribution (in addition to Active Directory GPO and registry key-based methods) enable you to have policies that are distributed directly from the Device Control Management Server to the Device Control clients.
- Use device control software to allow, disable, or restrict read and write access to external ports, including USB, FireWire, PCMCIA, Secure Digital, parallel, and serial
- Provide USB security and restrict data transfer activity for a range of storage devices, including external hard disks, optical media, floppy drives and tape drives
- Shadow, monitor, alert, report and query for port/device connections, usage, network connections and file transfers
- Enforce wireless connection control, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and IrDA connections