Symantec Endpoint Encryption Device Control
Device control software
Symantec Endpoint Encryption Device Control software enables organizations to monitor device usage and file transfer activity, control access to ports, devices, and wireless networks, as well as to restrict user’s ability to copy protected information to removable media. When implemented with Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition, the combination provides protection for enterprise data on endpoints from the risks associated with USB security, as well as other portable devices and media.
What's New with Symantec Encryption: Protect Data in More Places (51 mins)
USB 3.0, eSATA, and ExpressCard support
Provides expanded device controller support for greater control of endpoint environment.
Granular control of iOS devices
- Allow or block iPhone
- Allow or block iPad
- Allow or block iPod
Increased confidence for protecting your data
By restricting CD/DVD burning to Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition only, you can ensure that data burned to CD/DVD is encrypted or completely blocked.
User- and computer- based policies
Enforce policies specific to end-users or computers.
- Computer based policy ensures that the desired controls are in place, regardless of what user has logged onto the computer
- User based policy allow for user-specific policies to be applied regardless of the computer that that the users are logged onto
Easier management of user policies
Native client-server policy distribution (in addition to Active Directory GPO and registry key-based methods) enable you to have policies that are distributed directly from the Device Control Management Server to the Device Control clients.
- Use device control software to allow, disable, or restrict read and write access to external ports, including USB, FireWire, PCMCIA, Secure Digital, parallel, and serial
- Provide USB security and restrict data transfer activity for a range of storage devices, including external hard disks, optical media, floppy drives and tape drives
- Shadow, monitor, alert, report and query for port/device connections, usage, network connections and file transfers
- Enforce wireless connection control, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and IrDA connections
- Discover and mitigate unauthorized transfer of data
- Device control allows businesses to decrease risks associated with the loss or leakage of trade secrets, intellectual property and private information
- Ensure removable device and USB security by allowing only authorized file transfers to approved portable media
- Specify file types allowed to be read/written to devices
- Provide logging and auditing
- Control connections to untrusted or insecure access points
- Prevent wired-to-wireless LAN bridging