- Mission-critical Linux
High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Storage Management for Linux Operating Systems
What happens when a data center comes crashing down… literally? You’ve never seen a data center go down like this before. Watch Symantec’s high availability and disaster recovery solutions in action, as well as the Behind the Scenes where our product experts discuss how they filmed this unusual shoot.
Linux High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Storage Optimization Solutions
Keeping over 64,000* Linux data centers up and running
Run your business-critical services on the Linux environment with confidence. Symantec solutions give your data center the highest levels of availability and business continuity to help you build the foundation for accelerated virtualization and cloud computing.
Learn how one of the most popular enterprise computing platforms can now be the most resilient for your business.
* Based on a Symantec internal customer report, there are 64,950 customers using Symantec Availability and Management Solutions for their Linux data center worldwide. Data may vary or change without notice. (Data source as of Apr 30, 2012)
Give your data center all the high-availability nines it needs
The inability to keep mission-critical applications running can result in the loss of revenue, productivity, and reputation. Symantec can help you meet rigorous service level agreements (SLAs) for high availability.
Designed to provide maximum uptime for your mission-critical applications across Linux and other operating platforms, Symantec solutions enable you to achieve the following:
- Faster failure detection and recovery – When even a minute of downtime is too long, Symantec can fast track recovery by firstly detecting failures faster than traditional clustering without significant CPU overhead. Once a failure is detected failover times can be reduced to seconds when all servers in the cluster are connected to the same storage eliminating the need to bring storage back online.
- Advanced failover – Utilize your resources as efficiently as possible by failing over applications to the most appropriate server without requiring an expensive standby passive cluster. In other words, instead of having one standby server to each active server, a “roaming spare” can be used to maintain redundancy. This ensures application uptime with maximum cost savings.
- Ability to failover entire business services – Today’s critical applications such as a billing or trading applications are usually composed of multi-tiered application stacks (e.g. a Windows cluster for the web tier, a Linux cluster for the application tier, and a Solaris cluster for the database tier) making it difficult to ensure high availability. Symantec is aware of the interdependencies within each tier and with one click you can now manage the entire application stack (known as a service group) and automatically orchestrate a recovery.
Maintain business continuity with a complete disaster recovery strategy
Many enterprises with a Linux environment don’t have a complete tool to help them recover in the event of a disaster and must resort to implementing standalone local data replication or a combination of local data replication with application clustering to protect their Linux environments. This method may not be effective since the replication tool is not integrated with the clustering tool, requiring a large degree of human intervention to ensure recovery. In addition, enterprises do not have the time or budget to perform testing of their business continuity plans.
Symantec can help you recover quickly from downtime
For the most effective DR strategy it is simply not enough just to have a DR site, you also need to ensure you can efficiently fail over to the DR site so customers and staff can continue to access applications. In the event of a disaster causing a complete data center outage, it is imperative that mission-critical applications be brought online as quickly as possible at an alternate site. Symantec addresses key recovery time objectives (RTO) with the following:
- Automated business service recovery – Symantec extends local high availability to wide-area disaster recovery by automatically helping you recover your applications and databases to a remote location thousands of kilometers away, even if they run on different operating systems and virtualization technologies.
- Replication across multi-vendor storage Achieving data resilience requires replicating data from one site to another with high performance and minimal data loss. Symantec delivers cost-effective file and volume replication by enabling replication between arrays from different storage vendors, allowing you to replicate data to lower cost storage at your DR site.
- Disaster recovery failover testing – Symantec provides tools that simulate disaster recovery tests with minimal impact on production infrastructure, by starting up an application at the disaster recovery site as if it were an actual disaster. Production applications remain unaffected, allowing you to avoid disruption and cost of traditional disaster recovery testing.
Open and Flexible Mission-Critical Computing
Over the past few years, Symantec and Red Hat have been working together to give you the confidence to achieve the economics and flexibility of a Linux environment while maintaining service levels in your data center.
Symantec Maximizes your Red Hat Enterprise Linux Investment
Organizations are increasingly adopting Linux, and Red Hat is recognized as the leading provider due to its scalability, advanced capabilities, and trusted support. Symantec helps you to maximize your investment by increasing the resiliency of Red Hat Enterprise Linux through high availability and disaster recovery solutions, allowing you to minimize downtime of mission-critical applications and reduce overall risks — even in the event of disasters.
High Quality Customer Support
With the common aim to provide high quality customer support, Symantec and Red Hat provide combined front-line systems with cross-trained technical support engineers, who have remote access to each other’s virtual testing environment so we can address all customer support requirements. Our streamlined support response process allows you to achieve maximum uptime in your data center.