250-505: Administration of Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.0
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge and skill, all certification exams validate that customers have technical knowledge and competency covering core elements of the product/version such as installation, configuration, deployment, product administration and management, and basic troubleshooting related to those core functions.
The certified end user will demonstrate an understanding and evaluation of the installation, configuration, deployment, management and administration, and basic troubleshooting of Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.0. This understanding serves as a basis of technical knowledge and competency for Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.0 in a production environment.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must pass the technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam
- Study Guide
- Experience with the product through shadowing of a successful risk assessment, technical evaluation, product deployment, or six months experience administering Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.0.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and communications concepts
- Experience with one or more of the supported platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, etc.)
- Familiarity with VMware platforms
- Basic understanding of key security disciplines (firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention)
- Policy management, vulnerability assessment, antivirus protection, and other security tools
Familiarity with product documentation:
Symantec Web sites (Symantec Technology Network, Symantec Support, and product pages)
Find available classes through a Symantec Authorized Training Partner
- Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced 6.0: Administration Course (Instructor Led Training (ILT), Virtual Academy (VA), or Web-based Training (WBT)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the SCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org