Number of Questions: 90-100
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Passing Score: 62%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. Which two features are available only with Storage Foundation Enterprise? (Select two.)
- a. SmartTier
- b. Veritas File System Deduplication
- c. Veritas Operations Manager (VOM)
- d. Dynamic Multipathing (DMP)
- e. LUN snapshots import ability
2. Which command is used to set the read policy for a preferred plex in a mirrored volume?
- a. vxvol
- b. vxplex
- c. vxassist
- d. vxtune
3. Where is the File Change Log located after an administrator enables it?
- a. /mount_point/lost+found/vxfs/changelog
- b. /mount_point/lost+found/vxvm/logs/changelog
- c. /mount_point/lost+found/vxsf/logs/changelog
- d. /mount_point/lost+found/changelog
4. Which command reclaims unused space on a thin reclamation capable LUN that is part of a disk group?
- a. vxassist
- b. vxreclaim
- c. vxdg
- d. vxdisk
5. A relayout operation was started on the wrong volume.
Which actions revert the volume to its original layout?
- a. Abort the relayout using the 'vxrelayout' command and then reverse the relayout using the 'vxtask' command
- b. Abort the relayout using the 'vxtask' command and then reverse the relayout using the 'vxrelayout' command
- c. Pause the relayout using the 'vxtask' command and then reverse the relayout using the 'vxtask' command
- d. Pause the relayout using the 'vxrelayout' command and then use the 'vxtask' command.
6. What is the correct definition of RAID-1+0 when using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM)?
- a. Data stripes are mirrored for read performance and resiliency.
- b. Data and parity stripes are mirrored for read performance and resiliency.
- c. Mirrors are striped for read performance and simplicity.
- d. Data stripes are mirrored with parity for write performance and recovery.
7. Which Veritas File System (VxFS) feature, if enabled, will record any changes to files and directories, which will improve the performance for applications that need to scan the entire file system?
- a. intent log
- b. file change log
- c. dirty region log
- d. data change log
8. Which command lists the disks in a disk group that contain a copy of the configuration database?
- a. vxdisk listconfig
- b. vxdg listconfig [diskgroup]
- c. vxdisk list
- d. vxdg list [diskgroup]
9. Which utility is used to display compression statistics at a file system level?
- a. fsadm
- b. vxcompress
- c. fsmap
- d. vxfsstat
10. A user without administration privileges reaches the quota limit and is unable to create new files. Which two actions can the user perform to continue creating new files? (Select two.)
- a. compress files using vxcompress
- b. remove files
- c. deduplicate the file system
- d. resize the file system
- e. raise the quota limits
11. Which access characteristic indicates that a file system might benefit from compression?
- a. low number of reads
- b. high number of random writes
- c. low latency
- d. high number of sequential writes
12. What is the default I/O policy for a volume that uses a mirror with site consistency enabled?
- a. Siteread
- b. Round Robin
- c. Selected
- d. Preferred
13. Which two Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) operations can be performed using vxdiskadm? (Select two.)
- a. exclude an array support library
- b. start/stop event source daemon
- c. change the disk naming scheme
- d. start/stop the vxconfigd daemon
- e. mark a device as a spare
14. What is the maximum private region size for Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) disks?
- a. 64M
- b. 128M
- c. 256M
- d. 512M
15. The rules of a SmartTier File Placement Policy are used when creating a new file in the file system configured with SmartTier.
Which additional instance would require File Placement Policy rules?
- a. executing an fsppadm list on the file system
- b. executing an fsppadm enforce command
- c. executing an fsmap -q command
- d. executing an fsvoladm queryflags command
16. Which Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for UNIX performance tool generates a large variety of workloads?
- a. vxstat
- b. vxbench
- c. vxtrace
- d. vmstat
17. Which command will completely remove a plex in an existing volume from Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM)?
- a. vxplex -g thisdg -o rm dis vol01-02
- b. vxplex -g thisdg det vol01-02
- c. vxplex -g thisdg dis vol01-02
- d. vxedit -g thisdg -rm vol01-02
18. Which two commands are used to remove a disk from a disk group? (Select two.)
- a. vxdisk
- b. vxdiskadm
- c. vxunreloc
- d. vxdg
- e. vxdiskunsetup cted
19. Which two Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for UNIX objects contain a complete copy of the data or file system? (Select two.)
- a. volumes
- b. data change object
- c. plexes
- d. private region
- e. space optimized snapshot
20. Which two commands can be used to identify a failed disk managed by Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM)? (Select two.)
- a. vxerror
- b. vxdisk
- c. vxassist
- d. vxnotify
- e. vxdctl
Answers: 1-b&e, 2-a, 3-d, 4-d, 5-b, 6-a, 7-b, 8-d, 9-a, 10-a&b, 11-a, 12-a, 13-c&e, 14-c, 15-b, 16-b, 17-a, 18-b&d, 19-a&c, 20-b&d
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com