Exam Details Number of Questions: 70-80
Exam Duration: 105 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 70%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. A company has just expanded the Symantec NetBackup 7.0 environment by adding an additional media server.
What is the fastest way to update several hundred Symantec NetBackup clients with the new media server information?
- a. run the update_all_clients script
- b. run the add_media_server_on_clients script
- c. specify the new media server in the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface
- d. specify the new media server in the client properties
2. An administrator reviews backup jobs from the previous evening and notices a media error. In addition, the jobs appear to be running slower than usual.
Which two reports will help the administrator identify the media errors and the transfer rate? (Select two.)
- a. Tape Logs
- b. Tape Written
- c. Images on Tape
- d. Status of Backups
- e. All Log Entries
3. During catalog recovery, the DR file is unavailable, but the images database is intact.
What is the first step that should be taken to resolve this issue?
- a. identify catalog backup from the images database
- b. run import on all media in the robot
- c. import catalog image to disk to a temporary location
- d. run bprecover -wizard from the command line with additional switches
4. When using the NetBackup-Java console, which file needs to be edited to allow someone other than root or administrator to administrate the Symantec NetBackup 7.0 master server?
- a. bp.conf
- b. vm.conf
- c. jnb.conf
- d. auth.conf
5. The NetBackup Resource Broker (NBRB) maintains resource requests for jobs that are queued.
Which two criteria does NBRB use to evaluate the resource requests and provide resources to each job sequentially? (Select two.)
- a. job priority
- b. date of last successful backup
- c. data classification rank ID
- d. time when NBRB receives the request
- e. available network bandwidth
6. An administrator has successfully recovered all Symantec NetBackup 7.0 catalogs, which used the only two catalog backup tapes. A number of backups have taken place and a catalog backup is run automatically. The catalog backup fails with an error code 96. The administrator investigates and finds that all of the tapes have been allocated.
What is the cause of this error?
- a. The catalog recovery freezes the catalog tapes.
- b. The catalog recovery freezes the catalog tapes in the NBU-Catalog volume pool.
- c. The catalog recovery suspends the catalog tapes in the NBU-Catalog volume pool.
- d. The catalog recovery suspends the catalog tapes.
7. An administrator is duplicating a multiplexed backup image that exists on tape. In the Setup Duplication Variables dialog box, the administrator selects all copies to go to Disk storage units and also selects the Preserve Multiplexing option.
What are the results of the duplication?
- a. Multiplexed duplicate images are created on disk.
- b. Non-multiplexed duplicate images are created on disk.
- c. An error code is returned indicating that the duplications failed.
- d. An error code is returned indicating a media mismatch.
8. Which command must be run to reset the cleaning statistics after manually cleaning the drive?
- a. tpclean -m
- b. tpclean -c
- c. tpclean -L
- d. tpclean -f
9. A BasicDisk storage unit is 500 GB and is running out of space. The disk and file system is resized to 800 GB.
What needs to be done to take advantage of this new disk space?
- a. Backups need to be sent to the BasicDisk storage unit.
- b. The nbdevquery command needs to be run to refresh the disk inventory.
- c. The NetBackup Disk Manager (bpdm) process needs to be restarted.
- d. The Apply button in the BasicDisk storage unit configuration window needs to be selected.
10. A Symantec NetBackup 7.0 catalog recovery has failed.
Which location contains a log of the recovery?
- a. /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bprecover
- b. /usr/openv/logs/nbdb
- c. /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/username/logs
- d. /usr/openv/netbackup/logs
11. Due to a problem with restores, a support call is opened. The support representative asks that backups for a specific client be located to determine the last time that the client had a backup. The administration console is unavailable.
Which other location can be checked to determine whether the client has had a backup?
- a. the image database
- b. the EMM database
- c. the client database
- d. the media database
12. A Symantec NetBackup 7.0 administrator at a remote hospital needs to store secure copies of protected data on tape media at an offsite location.
What should the administrator do to automatically eject tape media daily and create detailed reports?
- a. configure a Vault policy and enable the Encryption attribute on the policy
- b. use tape drives that support hardware encryption and use a Vault policy to perform automated ejects and create reports
- c. use tape drives that support hardware encryption and use a storage lifecycle policy to perform automated ejects and create reports
- d. configure a storage lifecycle policy to enable automatic ejects and create reports then enable the Encryption attribute on the policy
13. A job fails with Status Code 96: unable to allocate new media.
What are two causes of this error? (Select two.)
- a. The available media is in a tape device that is down.
- b. The available media is in a storage unit that is frozen.
- c. The available media is on a media server that is offline.
- d. The available media's density is invalid.
- e. The available media's status is suspended.
14. How can new volumes be added to an existing AdvancedDisk storage pool with minimal impact on the environment?
- a. run the Configure Disk Pool Wizard to modify the existing pool
- b. right-click the disk pool and select Change and then select Add Volumes
- c. create a disk pool for the new volumes and merge it with the existing pool
- d. right-click the disk pool and select Extend to add the new volumes
15. All Symantec NetBackup 7.0 media servers in an organization are part of a server group called MEDIASRVGRP and are sharing tape drives. Symantec NetBackup clients are configured in policies using "Any Available" for the "Policy storage" attribute.
Which media sharing attribute should the administrator specify so that the media server that writes the image to the media owns the media?
- a. Any
- b. None
- c. MEDIASRVGRP
- d. All
16. Which two commands are used for configuring and managing unified logging? (Select two.)
- a. vxlogcfg
- b. vxullogview
- c. vxullogcfg
- d. vxlogmgr
- e. vxlogview
- f. vxullogmgr
17. An administrator needs to back up a server with a large file system that contains many files. On a daily basis, very little data changes on this file system.
Which approach minimizes the total backup time for a given month?
- a. run full backups monthly and differential incremental backups daily
- b. run full backups weekly and differential incremental backups daily
- c. run full backups monthly, cumulative incremental backups weekly, and differential incremental backups daily
- d. run full backups weekly and cumulative incremental backups daily
18. What effect does enabling robust logging have on logging in Symantec NetBackup 7.0?
- a. It enables log rotation for legacy logs.
- b. It enables enhanced verbose detail in logs.
- c. It enables logs when an error is encountered.
- d. It enables log size limits of unified logs.
19. In addition to the full backup schedule type, which other schedule can be configured as a synthetic backup?
- a. differential incremental backup
- b. cumulative incremental backup
- c. user backup
- d. application backup
- e. Automatic Backup
Answers: 1-b, 2-a&e, 3-a, 4-d, 5-a&d, 6-a, 7-b, 8-a, 9-a, 10-c, 11-a, 12-b, 13-d&e, 14-c, 15-b, 16-a&d, 17-a, 18-a, 19-b
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com