Number of Questions: 90-100
Exam Duration: 120 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 65%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. In Symantec NetBackup 7.5, which two catalog components contain information on what has been backed up and its metadata? (Select two.)
- a. Media
- b. Image
- c. Volume
- d. NBDB
- e. Class
2. Which two pools are created by default in Symantec NetBackup 7.5? (Select two.)
- a. Scratch pool
- b. CatalogBackup pool
- c. DataStore pool
- d. Deduplication pool
- e. Default pool
3. Which two media status designations are excluded in the count against maximum number of partially full media? (Select two.)
- a. Frozen
- b. Imported
- c. Active
- d. Multi-Retlev
- e. MPX
4. Which two have a media and/or density type? (Select two.)
- a. media set
- b. robots
- c. volume pools
- d. drives
- e. storage units
5. An administrator configures storage units STU-A and STU-B into a storage unit group in Failover mode.
If STU-A is busy, what happens to a new job going to the storage unit group?
- a. queues and waits for STU-A to become available
- b. queues and then initiates job to STU-B
- c. fails over and writes backups to STU-B
- d. fails with a status code 219: Required storage unit is unavailable
6. An administrator needs to protect a virtual machine with Microsoft Exchange mailbox databases installed.
Which policy type should the administrator use in order to recover individual mail messages and file system data?
- a. MS-Exchange-Server
- b. Hyper-V
- c. VMware
- d. MS-Windows
7. An administrator needs to back up a server with a large file system that contains many files. Very little data changes on this file system daily.
Which approach minimizes the total backup time for a given month?
- a. run full backups monthly and differential incremental backups daily
- b. run full backups weekly and differential incremental backups daily
- c. run full backups monthly, cumulative incremental backups weekly, and differential incremental backups daily
- d. run full backups weekly and cumulative incremental backups daily
8. What are two ways to include files for scheduled backups? (Select two.)
- a. specify files to back up using Data Classifications
- b. use storage lifecycle policies to specify files to back up
- c. specify files to be backed up in the policy backup selections
- d. use Client Properties > Windows client > Exclude list Exceptions
- e. specify files using the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface
9. Consider the configuration information for a single UNIX client displayed below.
Allow Multiple Data Streams is enabled.
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is specified.
Media multiplexing is set to 6.
Three tape drives are available in the storage unit and multiplex per drive is 2.
Max Jobs per Client is set to 8.
The client has five local file systems with no exclude list.
How many concurrent data streams will there be when the policy runs?
- a. two
- b. three
- c. five
- d. six
- e. eight
10. What is the correct order in which to configure deduplication storage in Symantec Netbackup 7.5?
- a. disk pool, storage server, storage unit
- b. storage server, storage unit, disk pool
- c. load balancing server, storage server, disk pool
- d. storage server, disk pool, storage unit
11. A company deployed Symantec NetBackup 7.5 LiveUpdate on a Windows LiveUpdate file share. None of the clients are receiving updates from the file server.
What is a possible explanation of this problem?
- a. LiveUpdate must be run from a web server.
- b. The file share must have "NULL" permissions.
- c. LiveUpdate must be run on a media server.
- d. The file share must be located on a non-boot drive.
12. Which two methods are used to automate duplication in Symantec NetBackup 7.5? (Select two.)
- a. NetBackup Vault
- b. bpduplicate command
- c. OpsCenter
- d. Storage Lifecycle Policies
- e. OpenStorage API
13. Which report identifies volumes that were used for backups within a specified time period?
- a. Tape Written
- b. Tape Summary
- c. Tape Logs
- d. Tape Lists
14. The Symantec NetBackup Resource Broker (NBRB) maintains resource requests for jobs that are queued.
Which two criteria does NBRB use to evaluate the resource requests and provide resources to each job sequentially? (Select two.)
- a. job priority
- b. date of last successful backup
- c. data classification rank ID
- d. time when NBRB receives the request
- e. retention level
15. A BasicDisk storage unit is 500 GB and is running out of space. The disk and file system is resized to 800 GB.
What must occur to use this new disk space?
- a. initiate a backup operation to the BasicDisk storage unit
- b. run nbdevquery to refresh the disk inventory
- c. restart the Disk Manager (bpdm) pro
- d. run bpstsinfo to update the high water mark
16. The nbemmcmd -getemmserver command on a new Symantec NetBackup 7.5 media server produces the error displayed below.
Failed to initialize EMM connection.
Which two steps are used to diagnose the issue? (Select two.)
- a. remove the media server name from the additional servers list on the EMM server
- b. run the bpclntcmd -hn command on the EMM server to confirm that the master server was able to resolve its own hostname
- c. telnet from the master server to the media server's VNETD port
- d. verify that network access to the EMM server is available
- e. verify that the nbemm and pbx_exchange daemons/services are running on the EMM server
17. Which two steps should be used to verify that Shared Storage Option (SSO) will function properly? (Select two.)
- a. run ping to verify connectivity between servers
- b. run tpconfig to initialize the library
- c. run bpclntcmd to verify name resolution
- d. run robtest to verify the library
- e. run the Storage Device Wizard to initialize the library
18. In which two areas of Symantec NetBackup 7.5 is multiplexing configured? (Select two.)
- a. policy attributes
- b. global attributes
- c. schedules attributes
- d. storage unit configuration
- e. media server host properties
19. An administrator added a schedule named "full" within a policy named "unixclients" for several clients, including one named "server2".
Where should the administrator create an exclude list for this policy that applies only to server2?
- a. /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.unixclients.full on server2
- b. /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.unixclients on server2
- c. Host Properties > Clients > server2 > UNIX Client > Client Settings
- d. Host Properties > Clients > server2 > UNIX Client > Exclude Lists
20. Which two procedures are used to update servers using LiveUpdate? (Select two.)
- a. nbliveup command
- b. LiveUpdate script
- c. LiveUpdate policy
- d. update_servers script
- e. nbexecute command
Answers: 1-b&d, 2-b&c, 3-a&b, 4-d&e, 5-a, 6-c, 7-a, 8-c&d, 9-c, 10-d, 11-b, 12-a&d, 13-a, 14-a&d, 15-a, 16-d&e, 17-a&c, 18-c&d, 19-b, 20-a&c
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org