# of Questions: 95 - 105
Exam Duration: 120 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 60%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. The option to truncate catalogs is unsupported for which job type?
- a. full
- b. synthetic
- c. incremental
- d. differential
2. Which two options can be selected from the Database Maintenance settings in Symantec Backup Exec 2012? (Select two.)
- a. optimize database performance
- b. perform database validation
- c. perform database consistency check
- d. optimize database size
- e. perform database tuning
3. What are two functions of media rotation? (Select two.)
- a. determines the way media are used and reused
- b. defines rules for duplicating media
- c. allows access to multiple sets of data
- d. load balances backup jobs
- e. ensures that media is sent offsite
4. Which two methods should be used to prevent inadvertent overwrite of media in a standalone tape drive after a job? (Select two.)
- a. choose a device pool that has "overwrite only scratch media" enabled
- b. have the job use a media set that protects the media
- c. choose "eject media after job completes”
- d. choose the global option "overwrite only expired media”
- e. set the Media Overwrite options to overwrite recyclable before scratch
5. Which two default settings can be configured when creating a backup job targeting a deduplication storage folder? (Select two.)
- a. verify
- b. duplicate to tape
- c. exclusions
- d. discover servers
- e. duplicate to disk
6. How can publishing be disabled for a remote server on which the Agent for Windows is installed?
- a. run Symantec Backup Exec Utility on the Symantec Backup Exec server and clear the "Enable the Agent for Windows to publish information to the Symantec Backup Exec servers in the list" check box under the Publishing tab
- b. run the Symantec Backup Exec Agent Utility on the Symantec Backup Exec server and clear the "Enable the Agent for Windows to publish information to the Symantec Backup Exec servers in the list" check box under the Publishing tab
- c. run Symantec Backup Exec Utility on the remote server and clear the "Enable the Agent for Windows to publish information to the Symantec Backup Exec servers in the list" check box under the Publishing tab
- d. run the Symantec Backup Exec Agent Utility on the remote server and clear the "Enable the Agent for Windows to publish information to the Symantec Backup Exec servers in the list" check box under the Publishing tab
7. Which encryption type should be enabled in Symantec Backup Exec 2012 to use FIPS 140-2 standards for backups?
- a. 64-bit Advanced Encryption Standard
- b. 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard
- c. 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard
- d. 512-bit Advanced Encryption Standard
8. Which two Symantec Backup Exec 2012 backup job default settings are available in the Verify pane? (Select two.)
- a. after job finishes, as a separate job
- b. run job again if verify fails
- c. as a separate scheduled job
- d. after job finishes, if no errors
- e. verify only defined subset
9. What is the recommended amount of free RAM on the Symantec Backup Exec server to support 5 TBs of deduplicated data?
- a. 5 GB
- b. 7.5 GB
- c. 8 GB
- d. 10 GB
10. Why would a Windows server be missing from the Symantec Backup Exec 2012 server list?
- a. The Windows server is turned off.
- b. The Agent for Windows is uninstalled on the server.
- c. The Agent for Windows from Symantec Backup Exec 2010 is installed.
- d. The Agent for Windows was installed manually.
11. The Symantec Backup Exec 2012 installation routine provides which database application for a default installation?
- a. SQLite
- b. MySQL
- c. Jet DB Engine
- d. SQL Express
12. Which notification option is supported by Symantec Backup Exec 2012?
- a. MAPI
- b. pager
- c. Net-send
- d. SMTP
13. How does Symantec Backup Exec 2012 communicate with Hyper-V hosts?
- a. through the Agent for Windows locally installed to the Hyper-V host server
- b. using secure communication methods over the HTTPS protocol
- c. leveraging the Hyper-V Remote Data Management set of APIs
- d. using Network Data Management Protocol
14. The Symantec Backup Exec 2012 NDMP option is unsupported for use with which Windows version?
- a. 2008 R2
- b. 2008
- c. 2003
- d. 2000
15. A user is having trouble meeting a backup window after implementing full backup jobs daily with default settings.
Which two selections will be effective in improving the backup window? (Select two.)
- a. run verify jobs immediately after the backup job
- b. increase concurrent sessions if using RAID disk as a target
- c. enable antivirus scanning to run after hours
- d. enable partial verify of backup jobs
- e. implement incremental jobs in addition to full
16. An Active Directory domain includes six domain controllers. One of the domain controllers crashed due to a power surge.
Which Symantec Backup Exec method should an administrator use to recover the failed domain controller without affecting the other domain controllers?
- a. Authoritative restore
- b. restore the domain controller as a read only domain controller
- c. Non-Authoritative restore
- d. restore using Ntdsutil
17. Which benefit is provided by a GRT-enabled backup of an Exchange server using the Agent for Applications and Databases?
- a. provides offline backups of the Microsoft Exchange server
- b. provides offhost backup of the Microsoft Exchange server
- c. reduces the backup window needed to protect a Microsoft Exchange server
- d. compresses the Microsoft Exchange backup to save space on media
18. What is an unsupported method of deduplication in Symantec Backup Exec 2012?
- a. appliance deduplication on an Open Storage device
- b. client-side deduplication for Linux
- c. client-side deduplication for Mac
- d. server-side deduplication
19. An administrator cancels a restore job in the middle of the process.
What is the result?
- a. All files written up to the point of being canceled are deleted from the system.
- b. All files written up to the point of being canceled are left on the system.
- c. All files from the restore job are written and later deleted when the job completes.
- d. All files from the restore job are written and later rolled back.
20. The Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Microsoft Active Directory is able to restore individual objects and attributes for which two components? (Select two.)
- a. Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM)
- b. Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- c. Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
- d. Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC)
- e. Active Directory Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Repository
Answers: 1-b, 2-c&d, 3-a&c, 4-b&c, 5-a&c, 6-d, 7-c, 8-a&c, 9-c, 10-b, 11-d, 12-d, 13-a, 14-d, 15-b&e 16-c, 17-c, 18-c, 19-b, 20-a&c
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com