Exam Details Number of Questions: 85-95
Exam Duration: 105 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 72%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. What is a function of the Site Server?
- a. to act as a failover for Notification Server and the Symantec Management Agent
- b. to offload processing from the Notification Server and to reduce network usage
- c. to act as a Notification Server and to communicate with the Symantec Management Agent in remote locations
- d. to set up package and task servers to interact with Notification Server
2. What is a prerequisite for installing Symantec Solutions or Suites?
- a. Symantec Installation Manager must be installed.
- b. Symantec Management Agent must be installed.
- c. Symantec Management Platform must be installed.
- d. Symantec Workflow Server must be installed.
3. If the Notification Server name is NAWNS001, what is the correct URL for installing the Symantec Management Agent using the pull method?
- a. http://NAWNS001/Altiris/NS/Agent/AltirisAgentDownload.aspx
- b. http://NAWNS001/Altiris/NS/Agent/AltirisPluginsDownload.aspx
- c. http://NAWNS001/Altiris/NS/Agent/SymantecAgentDownload.aspx
- d. http://NAWNS001/Altiris/NS/Agent/SymantecPluginsDownload.aspx
- e. client connect options
4. It is impossible to modify organizational groups in which organizational view?
- a. All Computers View
- b. Imported Computers View
- c. User Created Organizational View
- d. Default Organizational View
5. What is the result of deleting a resource from the default organizational view?
- a. The Resource status is changed to Retired.
- b. The Resource is no longer available in the view, but it is available in other views it belongs to.
- c. The Resource is removed from all views, but it still remains in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and can be managed.
- d. The Resource is removed from the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and is no longer manageable.
6. administrator just realized they installed the Symantec Management Agent onto a group of servers in the environment before their change ticket was approved. A Target was used to initially install the Agent. The administrator needs to remove the Agents from the servers.
What time saving method could the Administrator use to target the servers?
- a. within the Uninstall Policy, use Apply to -> Computers
- b. within the Uninstall Policy, use Apply to -> Object
- c. within the Uninstall Policy, use Apply to -> Quick Apply
- d. within the Uninstall Policy, use Apply to -> Resources
7. What advantage does the Quick Run option have over the Scheduled option?
- a. It runs the job or task, ignoring maintenance windows.
- b. It runs the job or task without a schedule selection.
- c. It runs the job or task at a higher priority.
- d. It runs the job or task repeatedly until status is success.
8. What contains a list of locations where packages can be downloaded?
- a. Codebase
- b. .xml
- c. Policy File
- d. package.xml
9. Which Site Server Services component improves scalability?
- a. Task Service
- b. Data Loader
- c. Tickle Service
- d. Client Task Agent
10. An administrator manages several laptop computers that users take on extended business trips. These laptops may not communicate with the Notification Server for several weeks at a time. The administrator wants a custom inventory to continue to be collected on a schedule.
How should the administrator run the custom inventory?
- a. as an automation task
- b. as a client task
- c. as a client policy
- d. as an automation policy
11. A member of the Report Operator security role accidentally deleted an important report.
How can the Symantec Administrator adjust security settings to prevent this from happening in the future?
- a. remove the Delete privilege from the Right Click Menu
- b. remove the Delete permission from the Right Click Menu
- c. add the users to the Symantec Level 1 security role
- d. add the users to the Guest security role
12. An administrator adds a user to an AD group that they have created to manage the local Notification Server with full rights.
What should the administrator do within the Management Console to ensure that all users from that AD group can manage the Notification Server?
- a. Ensure the Import Computer AD rule is set and that the created User Accounts are assigned to the Symantec Administrators role
- b. Ensure the Import User AD rule is set and that the created User Accounts are assigned to the Symantec Administrators role
- c. Ensure the Import Role and Account AD rule is set and that the created AD role is assigned to Symantec Administrators role
- d. Ensure the Import Security Role rule is set and that the users are assigned to the Symantec Administrators role
13. When reviewing the Symantec Administrators security role, which Windows Security Accounts are assigned by default as Members?
- a. NT Authority System\System and [DomainName]\Administrator
- b. System and Local Administrator account
- c. IIS_IUSRS and Administrator
- d. Guests and Power Users account
14. What is the first thing an administrator must do within the Security Role Manager to reduce the level of permissions a security role has on an item in the console?
- a. remove the permission explicitly at the item
- b. add a user with appropriate rights to the security role
- c. remove inheritance from the parent item
- d. remove NT permissions from the security role
15. How should an administrator create a report that saves a snapshot every 15 days?
- a. create an automation policy that updates the snapshots
- b. create a job that triggers an update every 15 days
- c. in Query Builder, use Advanced tab to edit report properties
- d. in Query Builder, use Query Parameters tab to edit report properties
16. Which two Altiris middleware Services are used by Site Server? (Select two.)
- a. BootP Service
- b. Task Service
- c. FTP Service
- d. Package Service
- e. TFTP Service
17. An administrator wants to create a replication rule to replicate computers between two Notification Servers.
Which replication rule type should the administrator select?
- a. Events
- b. Resources
- c. Items
- d. Security
18. Which Symantec Management Platform technology can assist an administrator in managing policies from a central location in an environment with more than 30,000 machines?
- a. Site Server
- b. Task Server
- c. Software Management Framework
- d. Hierarchy
19. What is required for a Notification Server to be added to a hierarchy?
- a. Site Server running both the Package and Task Service
- b. Site Server running the Task Service
- c. Site Server running the Package Service
- d. Site Server running the Replication Service
20. Using Symantec defined best practices, how should permissions and privileges be given to console users?
- a. by user
- b. by security role
- c. by organizational group
- d. by organizational view
Answers: 1-b, 2-a, 3-a, 4-d, 5-d, 6-c, 7-b, 8-d, 9-a, 10-c, 11-a, 12-c, 13-a, 14-c, 15-c, 16 b&d, 17-b, 18-d, 19-c, 20-b
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org