CareGroup Healthcare System
North America | Healthcare | Enterprise
CareGroup Healthcare System needed to optimize the performance of its most critical software applications and databases in order to maintain the highest standards of patient care. In addition, it needed a better way to monitor and ensure database security to meet compliance and audit standards. The company turned to Symantec application performance and threat management solutions to optimize application and database performance, and to monitor database access and security. Results included an increase in application availability to 99.99 percent, a 100 percent performance improvement for a billing application, and a 70 percent reduction in staff time needed to support compliance audits.
Headquarted in Boston, Massachusetts, CareGroup Healthcare System
and its member organizations offer a broad spectrum of health services at settings ranging from academic health centers and community hospitals, to physician offices and community health centers. CareGroup supports 18,000 medical professionals and employees and serves more than two million patients.
- Application: Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Resources, financials, payroll, PatientSite and CareWeb
- Databases: Oracle 9i, Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Server Platform: HP rp8400 servers running HP-UX 11.11 (Oracle) and HP ProLiant DL580 servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003 (SQL Server)
- Web tier: BEA Tuxedo Application Services, BEA WebLogic integration and IIS 6.0
- Storage: EMC CLARiiON, EMC Symmetrix DMX storage systems