Midway Independent School District
North America |
To protect its data and its 1,500 endpoints from security threats, Midway Independent School District is using endpoint security and backup and recovery solutions from Symantec. Since using Symantec products, the district has avoided any serious disruptions or infections. Results include over 100 hours a week of student time redirected to learning by using application control features, a 100 percent recovery success rate, a 98 percent backup success rate, and the ability to restore users’ mailboxes in less than 30 minutes.
- Applications: Microsoft Exchange 2003, SunGard Public Sector Pentamation
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Servers: HP and Dell servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Storage: HP StorageWorks MSA1500
- Tape library: HP StorageWorks MSL6030