Xchanging Transaction Bank, GmbH
Europe, Middle East, Africa |
Name any backup and recovery solution, and chances are that Xchanging had it somewhere on its data center floors. Customer needs had led this dynamic business processor to use a variety of data protection and disaster recovery solutions―and that was bad for the balance sheet and business risk. Xchanging is now in the process of standardizing on NetBackup (complemented by the Storage Foundation storage management technology from Symantec) to unify its data center infrastructure, increase availability, and ensure customer data is available―whatever happens. It’s early days in terms of results, but already the recently deployed NetBackup 5000 Series appliances have helped achieve up to 90 percent rates of deduplication. There has been a 100 percent reduction in tapes held onsite for NetBackup, and Xchanging is benefiting from a unified, streamlined, and integrated storage infrastructure. Commercially too, Xchanging has a tighter grip on its charge-back mechanism.
- Industry: Technology, procurement, accounting, and human resources
- Headquarters: London, U.K.
- Number of employees: 8,000
- End users: Approximately 3,000
- Hardware: HP, IBM, Sun, NetApp
- Servers: 75 SUN servers (Nehalem and Sparc), 300 HP servers (Blades and physical), 5 IBM servers
- Storage: IBM SAN and NetApp NAS
- Virtualization: ESX (soon to be XEN)
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, ESX 3.5 & 4.0, Solaris 8 & 10, RedHat Linux 4.x & 5.x
- Applications: Microsoft SQL, Exchange, Oracle, Oracle Financials, SAP, BMC Remedy, SharePoint