Symantec Security Information Manager
Symantec Security Information Manager offers enterprise wide log collection, management and retention, enabling organization to centralize and analyze large amounts of diverse log data. Our industry-leading correlation engine brings together organizational data, security event information and threat intelligence, allowing organizations to prioritize security incident response activities based on business risk. This proactive approach allows you to more effectively defend your enterprise from threats and demonstrate compliance with industry regulations.
Enhanced Security Protection - Symantec Global Intelligence Network
Watch the tour
To use the online License Renewal Center, you will need the serial number, license certificate, or license ID of your product. Note: Some Symantec products may not be available for online renewal through the License Renewal Center.
To renew through a reseller, please contact your existing reseller—or use the link at right to find a new reseller.
Learn how to register products, get upgrades, and download license keys from the Symantec Licensing Portal.
Customers with valid maintenance contracts may access the FileConnect electronic software distribution site to download the latest versions of selected Symantec software. To use the site, you will need the serial number of your product.
Security Information Manager is licensed in three key components:
1. Base Software License per Instance
2. Monitored Nodes
Server and Network node licenses
- Servers (Unix, Windows etc.)
- Databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server etc.)
- Network Security Devices (IPS/IDS, Firewall, Scanners, VPN etc.
- Endpoint Security Managers (SAV, TMCM, McAfee ePO)
- Routers and Switches (> 10Gb capacity)
- Web Servers (Apache, Sun Java Webserver, etc.)
- AV – each parent server is a monitored network node
- If monitoring workstation OS
- Also for switches and routers of 10Gb or less
3. Global Intelligence Network
- Note: All SSIM SKUs include first year maintenance in the base license price.
Find out how Symantec products are sold, and learn about options for paid support services.