Symantec Endpoint Encryption Full Disk Edition
Symantec Endpoint Encryption software provides advanced data encryption and file encryption for desktops, laptops, and removable storage devices. It offers scalable, enterprise-wide security that prevents unauthorized access by using strong access control and powerful encryption. Symantec Endpoint Encryption provides a central management console, enabling safe, central deployment and management of encryption to endpoints.
Critical System Protection and Endpoint Encryption for the PCI Data Security Standard
Review of the Payment Card Industry DSS and how Symantec Critical System Protection and Symantec Endpoint Encryption can assist organizations meet compliance requirements.
- Support for more capacity: Allows for encryption and support for hard drives up to 2-terabytes.
- Support for PCI-DSS access attempt lockout specifications: Access attempts are locked out after threshold is reached to prevent brute force attacks while all password and account lockout events are logged for auditing purposes.
- More options for two-factor authentication: Support for TrustBearer middleware for PIV token provisioning with user registrations and HID Cresendo C700 smart cards provides expanded support for smartcards and PIV tokens allowing organizations more options for two-factor authentication
- Management of Opal 1.0 compatible hard drives: Provides the capability to manage hybrid encryption environments of both hardware and software-based encryption. The F8 “Safe Mode” checkbox for Opal 1.0 hard drives allows for troubleshooting and system repairs.
- Pre-boot password authentication ensures only authorized individuals have access to data
- Easy central deployment, administration, and management features
- Supports multiple users and administrators on individual machines
- Key sharing mechanisms that allow users to share access to files securely
- Protects and prevents your information from accidental data loss and assures protection for desktops and laptops against unauthorized access
- Meets government directives and regulations and offers full audit trail
- Provides scalable, centralized management for easy deployment and administration
- Offers boot protection, pre-boot authentication, and pre-boot event logging and supports Single Sign-On (SSO) to avoid the need to remember and enter multiple passwords