EDS (Remote Backup Solution)
EDS manages over 100 data centers for its customers, using tools from Symantec Corporation to streamline data center administration. One of these tools is Veritas NetBackup PureDisk software. This software centrally and automatically backs up data in a customer’s remote offices to disk, eliminating the need to perform tape backup. It also reduces backup demands on the network through an innovative technology. Through its use of Veritas NetBackup PureDisk, EDS is able to protect customer remote office data while reducing remote storage for customers by fourfold and lowering remote office backup costs by 50 percent.
La réussite en détails
Profil de l'entreprise
) is a leading global technology services company delivering business solutions to its clients. EDS founded the information technology outsourcing industry more than 40 years ago. With annual revenues of $20 billion in services, the company's core portfolio includes information technology, applications and business process services, as well as information technology transformation services.
- Desktops: Dell/Microsoft (preferred) and others (three million total)
- Network: Cisco (preferred) and others
- Databases: Oracle (preferred), IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and others
- Servers: Sun (preferred), IBM, HP, and others (200,000 total, 80,000 in data centers)
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX, Novell SUSE Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Storage: EMC (preferred), Sun, Network Appliance, and others