Hyper-V Backup and Recovery Solution
Microsoft’s Hyper-V Server has rapidly become the leading choice for companies utilizing the Microsoft Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 Server platforms. For businesses, this means that if human error, hardware or software failure results in the corruption or loss of a Hyper-V server, you could lose more than a single server – which could negatively impact your company’s productivity while your IT administrator works to recover the virtual environment and the individual guest virtual machines.
Symantec Backup Exec 2010’s Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V dramatically cuts the time it takes to recover from server corruption or loss by protecting the entire Hyper-V host and all of its Guest virtual machines.
Key features of Symantec’s Hyper-V backup & recovery solution include:
- Single agent to protect Hyper-V Host and all Guest virtual machines
- Embedded Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Application Granular Recovery of Microsoft SQL, Exchange, and Active Directory objects from within the virtual machine
- Support for Windows 2008 Hyper-V R2 Cluster Shared Volumes
- Dynamic Inclusion of new Guest virtual machines
- Disk-to-disk or disk-to-tape Hyper-V recovery and backup