All content, specifically questions, answers and diagrams where applicable of the exams are the exclusive and confidential property of Symantec Corporation and are protected by Symantec Corporation's intellectual property rights. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without the express authorization of Symantec Corporation. Candidates who sit for Symantec exams must agree they have read and will abide by the terms and conditions of the Symantec Corporation Confidentiality Agreement before beginning each exam. The agreement applies to all exams. Signing and adhering to this agreement is required to be officially credentialed and to maintain a valid credential. Penalties for violating the policy can include up to and including a lifetime ban on all future exams and the nullification of all previous credentials.
Candidates must take no action to compromise the integrity or confidentiality of any Symantec exam. Prohibited actions include, but are not limited to any of the following:
- The only authorized preparation materials for a Symantec exam are those made available by Symantec or an authorized Symantec partner.
- Utilizing an unauthorized copy of the exam, e.g. from a non-Symantec website.
- Reproducing exam materials by any means, including reconstruction through memorization.
- Misconduct as determined by statistical analysis.
- Requesting access to exam questions or other protected exam material in forums or social networking sites.
- Altering exam scores, score reports or certificates.
- Selling, licensing, distributing, giving away or obtaining from any source other than Symantec Corporation the Exam Materials, questions or answers
- Distributing actual exam content via Web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc
- Use of falsified or altered Certificates, Score Reports, or other documents or electronic media used to misrepresent the Certification status of a candidate
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind from anyone for any examination
- Using any aids, notes, equipment or other materials not authorized by the Testing Delivery Partners or Symantec during the exam
- Providing falsified documentation as a means of a false identity, false address, false email address, or solicitation of someone to take a test on another’s behalf
- Use of Symantec Support Services to resolve test questions to extract examination questions and answers
- Failure to protect Certification content through carelessness or in an attempt to shield facts regarding a violation
- Causing a disturbance of any kind in a testing facility; removing or attempting to remove questions and/or responses (in any format) or notes, note board, or scratch paper from the testing room
Please report suspicious activity to the Testing Center and the Symantec Certification/Accreditation Team
. Symantec may use exam statistics to identify anomalies in the exam results. If Symantec determines that any misconduct has occurred, Symantec reserves the right to determine if an award will be granted. Penalties for violating any policy can include up to and including a lifetime ban on all future exams and the nullification of all previously awarded credentials.
Symantec Privacy Notice
Symantec undertakes to collect and process personal data according to applicable laws. The collected information, which includes fields such as name, company name, address, email address and phone number, is necessary for the purpose of registering you for the Symantec Accreditation, Certification, or Authorization program, and further to register you for the subscription, awards, program or incentive for which you are submitting your information (the ‘registration’). Your contact information may also be used to deliver related marketing messages from Symantec and/or its channel partners. The personal information that you provide to us will be transferred to the Symantec group of companies and its authorized Partners in different parts of the world, including the U.S., that may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you are situated (including the European Union). Symantec has taken steps so that the collected information, if transferred, receives an adequate level of protection. If you do not agree to your personal data being processed within the Symantec group or its authorized Partners, we may not be able to complete your request. Any emails we send you will contain unsubscribe information, and you may opt-out of future emails at any time.
Your personal information will be stored by Symantec and kept in accordance with Symantec's Privacy Notice. You can alter your e-mail notification preferences at https://www-secure.symantec.com/custserv/cs_register.html
. Symantec is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
Other Symantec Exam Policies: Proctored Exams
Appropriate security of exam content is an essential aspect for upholding a reputable program. There are standard best practices for maintaining an exam, including the protection of all exam content. Symantec does not provide exam questions in any format other than in a proctored test environment through approved Prometric testing centers, or through sample questions located on Symantec's website.
- If a candidate fails an exam s/he must wait 72 hours prior to taking the same exam again.
- Symantec strongly recommends attending training courses and having at least 6 months on-the-job experience with Symantec product(s), review of product documentation and study prior to taking exam(s). Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of an exam.
- Symantec may change the requirements and designations at any time.
- Symantec may use exam statistics to identify anomalies in the exam results and candidate exam response time is subject to being measured and recorded. Symantec reserves the right to validate exam results and timing to complete an exam.
- Candidates must adhere to Symantec logo usage guidelines.
- Upon your successful completion of the initial requirements, Symantec authorizes you to use the associated program designations.
- Upon your successful completion of the initial requirements, Symantec authorizes you to display the Symantec certificate(s) provided to you. You shall not copy, modify or alter the certificates provided to you.
Upon your successful completion of the initial requirements, Symantec authorizes you to use any Symantec logos and trademarks applicable to the Symantec program designation(s) for which you have achieved the credential(s). This license is non-exclusive and non-transferable. The logos may not be used as any portion of your tradename or trademark for your business, services or other products. You are also bound to the policies in the “SYMANTEC CORPORATION ACCREDITATION/CERTIFICATION/AUTHORIZATION LOGO/TRADEMARK USE LICENSE AGREEMENT”
- You shall not market your own services in any way that implies that such services are associated with or provided in any way by or on the behalf of Symantec, or that you are employed by, affiliated with, or sponsored by Symantec, except to state that you have completed the requirements for your particular designation(s).
- Symantec retains all right, title and interest in the Symantec program(s), the associated Symantec designation(s) and related exams and results.
- Symantec shall have no liability to you or to any of your clients or customers for your use of Symantec program designations and Symantec logos, or the performance, promotion, sale or distribution of your services as a Symantec credentialed Individual.
- Any exam results shall be owned exclusively by Symantec Corporation and Symantec Corporation shall have the right to freely use any such information or data.
If Symantec determines that any misconduct has occurred, Symantec reserves the right to determine if an award will be granted, invalidated, or revoked. Penalties for violating any policy can include up to and including a lifetime ban on all future exams and the nullification of all previous certifications.
When will certification exams retire?
Many of the Symantec Certification exams will be replaced by a newer product version of the exam as technology and trends continue to evolve. Legacy exams may be phased out from our website after a newer version of the exam is released. Legacy exams will still be available on Prometric’s website, as Symantec recognizes that legacy product versions will continue to hold their value in the marketplace as long as there is a demand from the industry.
How long is a Symantec certification designation valid? When do certifications expire?
Symantec Certified Specialist certifications have no expiration date. The no-expiration policy means that the value of Symantec Certifications will be based on how relevant the certification’s competencies are to the IT marketplace. This means that Symantec Certifications, regardless of the associated product versions, will continue to hold their value in the marketplace as long as there is a demand from the industry. When certification verification is required, Symantec will identify the product version, thus distinguishing between those who have upgraded certifications and those who haven’t. Symantec highly recommends recertification to remain current with Symantec technology and trends. Click here
to view the listing of current Symantec Certified Specialist exams and legacy exams.
Who is responsible for keeping certified candidates valid?
Candidates are responsible for keeping their certification valid. Symantec will make reasonable efforts to personally update candidates via e-mail about new exams and exams that are being retired.
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com