Symantec NetBackup Appliance 5000 Series
The Symantec NetBackup 5000 series, offers scalable deduplication appliance solutions for the enterprise that provides operational simplicity, effective utilization of bandwidth and storage, and high performance. It provides the critical features required to protect all your data. It reduces the size of backups by up to 50 times with a deduplication engine that can be deployed for storage and bandwidth reduction and connected to a NetBackup domain, in a matter of minutes. An open and flexible architecture allows you to easily scale the size of the solution to meet the changing needs of your environment.
NetBackup Appliances Business Advantages (4:43)
Learn how NetBackup Appliances address the business needs of data protection for the SMB to the large enterprise.
NetBackup Appliances Technical Advantages (4:52)
Learn how NetBackup Appliances technical advantages provide end-to-end data protection through an integrated and performance optimized appliance.
- Integration with Symantec Backup Appliances - As a deduplication solution, the NetBackup 5000 series appliances integrates with the industry leading data protection solution, Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec, to provide a complete backup solution for customers.
- Scalable Architecture - The NetBackup 5000 series appliances has a flexible and scalable architecture, allowing customers to start with 32 TB of usable deduplication capacity and protect up to 192 TB of global deduplication capacity per deployment. The NetBackup 5030 model comes with 32 TB of usable deduplication capacity. This allows customers the ability to start small with a single appliance and grow their deduplication storage pool with additional appliances. As the appliances grow, a single deduplication pool can be maintained to maximize storage efficiency.
- Intelligent End-to-End Deduplication - The NetBackup 5000 series can be used for both source and target side deduplication. Source deduplication is built-in into the backup agents that are directly deployed on the client machines. As a deduplicated storage target for NetBackup or Backup Exec backups, the NetBackup 5000 series appliances appears as a disk pool and can be controlled via backup policies.
- Operational simplicity—Set up backups in a matter of minutes.
- Flexible and scalable architecture—Maximum capacity of 192 TB usable deduplicate storage. Protect petabytes of data in one deployment.
- End-to-end global deduplication—Leverage deduplication across physical hosts, virtual machines (VM), Network-Attached Storage (NAS) devices, and application hosts.
- Ultimate virtual machine protection—Built-in support for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- NetBackup Accelerator—Delivers full backups at the speed of incremental backups.
- Client Direct capability—Enables faster backups as production systems stream directly to the appliance, bypassing the media servers.