NetBackup Data Protection Optimization Option is a suite of the most advanced backup and recovery features available today, including source and target deduplication, backup acceleration, automated backup image replication, disk storage pooling, virtual tape optimization, and third-party storage hardware integration.
- NetBackup Source (client) Deduplication – Client deduplication moves deduplication closest to the source, reducing the size of the data stream and lowering network utilization. Use with any NetBackup client.
- NetBackup Target (media server) Deduplication – Media server deduplication performs deduplication at the target, relieving production systems from any processing load related to deduplication.
- NetBackup Accelerator – Complete full backups in the time required for an incremental backup using far fewer resources. NetBackup Accelerator employs block-level change tracking to isolate changed data when performing full backups. A full backup image is then synthesized by combining block-level changes with previous backup data.
- NetBackup Auto Image Replication (AIR) – Stop putting tapes on trucks. Instead, replicate backup images to a standby remote site for disaster recovery using an optimized OST-certified data mover. Only changes are replicated, reducing the time and resources needed for replication. Consolidate multiple NetBackup domains into a single disaster recovery domain, and execute DR tests independently without impacting your production NetBackup environment.
- NetBackup Advanced Disk Storage Pooling – Replace or augment traditional tape backup infrastructure with NetBackup disk storage pools, optimized to take advantage of the unique properties of online disk. Media server load balancing ensures backup jobs are automatically allocated to the least busy media server and reroute if a server goes offline, while Storage Lifecycle Policies migrate backup images through multiple tiers of storage (disk, tape, cloud) according to defined schedules and retention rules.
- NetBackup Virtual Tape Optimization – Optimizes the use of virtual tape libraries (VTLs) with NetBackup. Enhanced duplication creates physical tape copies of virtual tapes using the VTL as the data mover (if supported by the VTL).
- Third-party Appliance Integration through OpenStorage (OST) – Backup to third-party storage appliances that integrate through the NetBackup OpenStorage interface. With OpenStorage, NetBackup can directly control operations through these devices and take advantage of the unique capabilities of each device, such as deduplication and replication.