NetBackup Accelerator for VMware
This feature uses Accelerator technology to speed up virtualization backups, delivering a full backup image in the time it takes to complete an incremental backup. Leveraging VMware Changed Block Tracking (CBT) and NetBackup Accelerator, only changed blocks of data are transferred from client to media server.
- Up to 35x faster backups to better meet service level agreements without sacrificing recovery
- Less strain on infrastructure because less data is being transmitted
NetBackup Replication Director for VMware
This feature enables integrated end-to-end control for the management and recovery of array-based snapshots and replicated snapshots. Customers running datastores on NetApp filers can now leverage NetApp snapshot technology to protect their virtual environments, without going outside of the NetBackup environment or giving up standard granular recoverability.
- Protect 300 virtual machines in 300 seconds
- Improved recovery point objectives (RPOs) from snapshots and better recovery time objectives (RTOs) from NetBackup and granular restore capabilities
- Unified policy management that stretches the entire data lifecycle
- Simplified, single pane of glass for monitoring, alerting and reporting
NetBackup Instant Recovery for VMware
This feature allows you to instantly power on any protected VM from backup storage, making it 100% available with no disruption of service.
- 400x faster virtual machine restores
- Significantly improved recovery time objectives (RTOs)
- Support with all Symantec disk-based solutions
VMware vCloud Director Support
Automatically discover and protect newly provisioned VMs in both public and private vCD deployments with vCloud Director Backup API integration. Enhance recoverability to restore entire vApps with NetBackup’s award-winning V-Ray technology.
- Data center transformation enablement without the risk of unprotected data or systems
Oracle Policy Framework for NetBackup 7.6
NetBackup automatically discovers Oracle instances requiring backup and deploys the appropriate policies to protect them.
- Simplified backup scheduling
- Elimination of the need to manage scripts
Targeted Auto Image Replication (AIR)
Enhanced disaster recovery (DR) flexibility through selecting which target domains to replicate to and inherit the retention characteristics of any of those domains. The need to keep the retention level of the source domain is eliminated.
- Increased efficiency with available resources
- Ability to customize disaster recovery (DR) plans to better satisfy needs and requirements
BMR Integrated Physical to Virtual (P2V)
With a single click, recover physical servers over to virtual machines. Those servers can remain as virtual machines, or they can be converted back to physical servers as needed using BMR.
- Better recovery time objectives (RTOs)
- Ability to meet stringent disaster recovery (DR) SLAs
- Less OPEX by leveraging disaster recovery (DR) over a virtual environment
- One platform, one console unifies virtual and physical global data protection
- Unified global management of snapshots, replicated snapshots, backup, and recovery
- Backup and appliance integrated, scalable global deduplication across virtual and physical
- V-Ray one pass backup, instant image and single file restore for virtual and physical
- Automated virtual data protection and load balanced backup performance