Symantec is certified by the United States Department of Defense (DoD) as a provider of External Certification Authority (ECA)
digital certificates for government contractors, state and local governments and employees of foreign governments. ECA certificates enable secure on-line transactions with DoD agencies. Installed in a browser or email program, ECA certificates can be used for such activities as authenticating identity for access to DoD websites, digitally signing documents, and encrypting e-mail communications.
Symantec ECA certificates are sold as a set which includes an ECA Identity certificate and an ECA Encryption certificate. Your purchase also includes a key escrow service which enables the recovery of your data in the event that you lose the computer or hardware device that contain private keys matched with your ECA certificates.
Installed in a Web Browser or PKI Token/Smart Card, ECA Certificates Can Be Used For:
Authenticating identity for access to DoD Web sites
Digitally signing documents
Encrypting e-mail communications
Who Can Purchase an ECA Certificate?
Employees of organizations conducting business with U.S. government agencies.
Employees of state and local governments conducting business with other U.S. government agencies.
Employees of foreign governments or organizations conducting business with U.S. government agencies.
Individuals who need to communicate securely with U.S. government agencies.
(Digital Certificate with keys stored by
FIPS 140-2 compliant software on computer)
- Windows XP, Vista or 7
(Mac not supported)
- Use Microsoft Internet Explorer
through v9.0 OR Mozilla Firefox v3.0
- The Department of Defense (DoD)
regulations require notarized verification
- 1 Year: USD $119
- 2 Years: USD $218
- 3 Years: USD $299
|Medium Token Assurance
(Digital Certificate with keys stored on a
FIPS 140-2 compliant Smart Card or
Meets New JPAS Specifications for
Login Procedures require a user name
and password plus a medium
assurance hardware token.
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 (Mac not
- Microsoft Internet Explorer through v9.0
- The Department of Defense (DOD)
regulations require notarized
verification of identity
- You must purchase a smart card or
USB token before enrolling for your
Order FIPS 140-2 Compliant Smart Card or USB Token and
Pre-Pay for the ECA certificate
- Smart Card: USD $85
- USB Token: USD $60
- 1 Year: USD $119 + Hardware
- 2 Years: USD $218 + Hardware
- 3 Years: USD $299 + Hardware
Purchasing 10 or more Certificates?
To establish a Trusted Agent call 866-202-5570, option 1.
If more than 10 employees in your company need a certificate, Symantec offers the following benefits to buying in bulk:
- Subscribers can use a single sales order to purchase certificates rather than paying by credit card individually.
- Bulk certificate purchases are eligible for the Trusted Agent method. This method designates individuals within your organization to perform identity-proofing rather than relying on third-party public notaries.
- Trusted agents also can purchase PKI tokens in case Subscribers need Medium Token Assurance certificates. The minimum order is one (1) box of tokens which contains 10 tokens per box. The cost is $30 per token or $300 per box. This is in addition to the cost of the certificate.