The evolution of SharePoint from a document management platform to an enterprise social and collaboration solution, presents unique challenges to SharePoint customers. As user adoption increases, not only must they accommodate the growth of traditional document libraries, they must also accommodate new content sources such as lists, discussion boards and social content such as wikis and blogs. Proactive management is essential as this increase in usage can strain SharePoint indexes and storage resources. Sites can rapidly proliferate and content can live on beyond its usefulness causing SharePoint to become cluttered and content hard to find.
Symantec Enterprise Vault
Enterprise Vault enables customers to improve scale, efficiency, and access to content within SharePoint. By offloading older content and document versions to less expensive storage, SharePoint environments can thrive and scale. In addition, SharePoint archiving not only provides short-term, immediate storage optimization benefits but also becomes a core component of a customer's long-term information governance and eDiscovery strategies.
Reduce SharePoint clutter and optimize storage
- Archive libraries, custom lists, wikis, blogs, discussion boards and more.
- Replace files and document versions with shortcuts to reduce the size of the SharePoint content database.
- Accelerate migrations to newer SharePoint versions.
- Deduplicate redundant files across the entire archive (including Exchange, File systems and more).
Enable SharePoint governance
- Apply retention and deletion policies to archived SharePoint content.
- Expire sites when projects are completed but archive and retain site content for governance and compliance.
- Enable rapid search and eDiscovery for internal audits and legal purposes.
Preserve the SharePoint user experience
- Seamless shortcuts maintain end-user access/editing/restore of content in the archive.