Symantec Offers New Years Resolutions for Small Business/Home Office Professionals
Symantec's software gives small businesses the time to do more business
Cupertino, Calif. --December 19, 1997--As the end of 1997 approaches and 1998 is just around the corner, people often make personal or professional New Year's resolutions. Symantec Corporation (Nasdaq: SYMC) is pleased to offer some New Year's resolutions to get small businesses started and keep businesses productive and competitive. Symantec, an expert in the small business-computing segment, provides leading desktop applications that together provide a productivity and protection solution for small businesses.
A recent study by Home Office Computing Magazine showed 30% of small business owners said getting the most of technology was their most challenging task and 70% surveyed said getting new business was their number one priority. With that in mind, Symantec offers the following New Years resolutions:
In terms of protection and security, 35% of survey respondents said solving computer problems was their most challenging task. When the computer breaks down, small businesses and home offices can grind to halt. Some New Years resolutions for this include:
- Organize your records into an efficient database that allows access to details about all your customers.
- Find an efficient means of staying in close contact with customers via email or fax and follow-up with every lead and opportunity.
- Make every communication more efficient.
- Don't let technology be a barrier to getting business done.
- Buy software that you can fully implement and use.
For small businesses to get the highest level of productivity and security and maintenance, while working with user-friendly software products, Symantec offers Norton Utilities, the experts' choice for solving serious computer problems.
- Reduce and eliminate computer down-time that slows down your business.
- Keep your computer running at its peak performance. Save and backup files frequently. Run diagnostics monthly.
- Check all files that are downloaded or on floppy for viruses.
- Take ownership of fixing simple computer problems.
- Protect your technology investment.
Symantec Corporation helps make users productive and keep their computers safe and reliable anywhere and anytime. Symantec offers a broad range of solutions and is acclaimed as a leader in both customer satisfaction and product brand recognition. The company is focused on addressing customer needs in three main application areas: the Norton Product line of anti-virus and PC-assistance products; the pcANYWHERE, WinFax, and ACT! product lines that cater to remote user productivity; and the Café product lines in Internet development tools.
Founded in 1982, the company's global operations span North America, Europe, Japan, and several fast-growing markets throughout Asia Pacific and Latin America. Traded on Nasdaq under the symbol SYMC, Symantec Corporation is based in Cupertino, California, and employs more than 2,000 people. Information on the company and its products can be obtained by calling (800) 441-7234 toll free, (541) 334-6054, or accessed on the World Wide Web at http://www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please view the Symantec Press Center at http://www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ on Symantec's web site.
Brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.