Symantec Announces Product Support for Windows 2000
Windows 2000-Ready Symantec Solutions to Take Advantage of Power, Security, Usability of New OS
Cupertino, Calif. May 17, 1999 - Symantec Corporation (Nasdaq: SYMC), the
world leader in utility software for business and personal computing, today
announced product support for the Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system. Many
of Symantec's best-of-breed solutions will take advantage of the power,
security, and ease-of-use of the new operating system, and provide the tools
needed to maximize the performance of Windows 2000-based systems. The following
Symantec solutions are scheduled to be Windows 2000-ready 30 days after
Microsoft ships: pcANYWHERE32, Norton AntiVirus, Norton CleanSweep,
Norton Ghost, Norton System Center, TalkWorks, ACT!, and Mobile Essentials.
"We are pleased to be able to offer our best-selling productivity software to
users who will be migrating to Windows 2000 Professional," said Enrique Salem,
vice president of Symantec's Security and Assistance Business Unit. "Our
innovative utilities and remote productivity solutions build upon Microsoft's
robust operating system to deliver the reliability, performance, and usability
customers have come to expect from two of the technology industry's most
"We are thrilled that Symantec Corporation is partnering with Microsoft to build
upon the great benefits of Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional," said Robert
Bennett, Group Product Manager for Windows at Microsoft. "Optimized for Windows
2000 Professional, Symantec's utilities and productivity solutions will deliver
a powerful solution that can significantly reduce the total cost of ownership
for desktop computing."
Those products include:
- pcANYWHERE32 is the leading remote control and file transfer system for helping IT professionals support remote workers from their own desktops. The product also provides mobile workers access to their office system and network so they can stay productive from anywhere.
- Norton AntiVirus is the industry's leading automatic, comprehensive virus protection software for Windows users.
- Norton CleanSweep is the quickest, easiest, and safest way to recover hard drive space.
- Norton Ghost disk-cloning software is the premier tool for PC rollout, hardware migration, and disaster recovery.
- Norton System Center allows network administrators to easily and automatically deploy, configure, monitor, update, and comprehensively manage Symantec software.
- TalkWorks is a telephony program that enables users to receive voice messages and place voice calls using computers instead of answering machines and phones.
- ACT! is the most powerful and versatile contact management software available.
- Mobile Essentials prepares a laptop for travel and adjusts location settings and resolves connection problems.
Symantec is the world leader in utility software for business and personal computing.
Symantec products and solutions help make users productive and keep their computers
safe and reliable anywhere and anytime. Symantec offers a broad range of solutions
and is acclaimed as a leader in both customer satisfaction and product brand
recognition. Symantec is traded on Nasdaq under the symbol SYMC. More information
on the company and its products can be obtained at www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products,
view the Symantec Press Center at www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ on Symantec's Website.
Brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their
respective holders. All prices noted are in US dollars and are valid only in the United States.