Symantec Online Support Site Named Among Best In U.S.A.
Symantec Web Support Site One of Ten to Win Association of Support Professionals Accolade
Cupertino, Calif, August 10, 1999 - Symantec Corporation's (Nasdaq: SYMC)
technical support website has been recognized as one of the nation's ten best by
the Association of Support Professionals (ASP) at a recent awards ceremony.
ASP judges reviewed entries for performance, usability, content, navigation,
appearance, and other factors. Other companies recognized included Intel
Corporation, Cisco Systems, Microsoft Corporation and Dell Computer. In 1998,
Symantec's technical support site, located at http://www.symantec.com/techsupp,
won an ASP award for The Best Use of Knowledge Bases.
"We are very pleased that the Association of Support Professionals would
recognize our efforts in this area," said Dana Siebert, Symantec executive vice
president, sales, marketing and support. "We now handle over 70 percent of
technical support inquiries via our web site. This award recognizes the
company's focus on customer needs and the innovative thinking of our technical
Symantec's technical support site features capabilities and services that are
widely viewed as some of the most robust and user-friendly in the high technology
industry. One of these user- friendly services has enabled more than 350,000
site visitors to "personalize" the Symantec support service to their specific
needs. This eliminates the need to navigate through Symantec's site and makes
accessing the latest news, tips, and services for their product much easier.
A robust set of site features
Some of the most popular Symantec site features include:
- More than 50 searchable and browsable product Knowledge Bases, with more than 40,000 public articles
- An interactive Knowledge Base - designed for customers not comfortable with keyword searching - that employs a decision-tree to quickly locate specific information and guidance
- Web-based discussion groups that serve greater numbers of customers and leverage a collective body of shared information
- Technical newsletters delivered directly - and free -- to the desktops of more than 250,000 Symantec customers
- An extensive library of file and update downloads
- The ability for customers to personalize their support page, ensuring quick and simple access to information focused on the products they own.
- Real-time chat with Symantec online support technicians*
*only fee-based service offered online
About the Association of Support Professionals
The Association of Support Professionals is a national organization dedicated to
the advancement of the software support profession. Its web site is located at
Symantec is a world leader in Internet security technology and technology
solutions that help companies manage and support workforces that use laptop
computers and other mobile devices.
The company is a leading provider of software products for the consumer market
and is rapidly growing its presence as a provider of solutions to enterprise organizations
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation
and its products, view the Symantec Press Center at
www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ on Symantec's Website.
Brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their
respective holders. All prices noted are in US dollars and are valid only in the United States.