Symantec Announces Product Support For Windows Millennium Edition
Symantec's Norton Product Line Ready to Support Windows Me
CUPERTINO, Calif. - Sept. 19, 2000
- Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC), a world leader in Internet security,
today announced product support for the new Windows Millennium Edition
(Windows Me) operating system. With the new operating system focusing
heavily on the connected consumer experience, many of Symantec's best-of-breed
solutions will provide users the safety and protection they require
while surfing the Internet. The following Symantec solutions are Windows Me
Norton SystemWorks 2001,
Norton SystemWorks 2001 Professional Edition,
Norton Internet Security 2001,
Norton Internet Security 2001 Family Edition,
Norton Personal Firewall 2001,
Norton AntiVirus 2001,
Norton Utilities 2001,
Norton CleanSweep 2001 and
Norton Ghost 2001.
"We are pleased to be able to deliver our market leading solutions to consumers and small businesses who will be moving to Windows Me," said Steve Cullen, senior vice president of Symantec's Consumer Product Division. "Our innovative Internet security and problem solving solutions extend Microsoft's newest operating system to deliver the security, reliability, performance and usability customers have come to expect from two of the software industry's most experienced leaders."
Symantec's Windows Me compatible products include:
- Norton SystemWorks 2001 - The smartest way to keep your computer working. It gives users everything they need in one easy-to-use suite. A professional edition is also available for small businesses and advanced users.
- Norton Internet Security 2001 - Provides essential Internet protection for the home PC. It defends against malicious hackers, eliminates dangerous viruses, and keeps your personal information private. A family edition is also available.
- Norton Personal Firewall 2001 - The maximum defense against hackers. It secures the PC, keeps personal information private, and alerts users to attempted intrusions.
- Norton AntiVirus 2001 - The world's leading anti-virus software. Now it automatically updates its virus definitions when users are connected to the Internet.
- Norton Utilities 2001 - Optimizes PC performance and solves system problems easily. Now with support for Windows 2000 and Windows Me, it's the proven choice for PC care.
- Norton CleanSweep 2001 - Allows users to clean out Internet buildup. It improves PC performance by safely and easily removing unwanted programs and files.
- Norton Ghost 2001 - Provides high-performance utilities for fast and safe system upgrading, backup and recovery. Users can now write disk images to many popular CDR/RW drives.
Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please view the Symantec Press Center at http://www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ on Symantec's Web site. All prices noted are in US dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec logo, VERITAS, and the VERITAS logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENT: This press release contains forward-looking statements. There are certain important factors that could cause Symantec's future development efforts to differ materially from those anticipated by some of the statements made above. Among these are the anticipation of the growth of certain market segments, the positioning of Symantec's products in those segments, the competitive environment in the software industry, dependence on other products, changes to operating systems and product strategy by vendors of operating systems, and the importance of new Symantec products. Additional information concerning those and other factors is contained in the "Risk Factors" section of the company's annual report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended April 2, 1999.
News Releases |