Symantec Security Experts To Present At InfoSec World
CUPERTINO, Calif. - Feb. 26, 2001, 2001 – Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC), a world leader in Internet security technology, today announced that Symantec security experts Rob Clyde, Greg Adams, Char Sample, Diana Kelley, and Barry Cioe will speak at InfoSec World, to be held February 24 – March 1, 2001, at the Disney Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Fla.
InfoSec World is one of the most widely recognized conferences for IT security professionals, including information security managers, information systems managers, systems administrators and managers, IT auditors, and IT directors. Symantec's team of security experts will discuss a variety of topics, including firewall architectures and products, the hacker underground, ASP security, intrusion detection systems, and Distributed Denial of Service attacks.
The following presentations will be made by Symantec's security experts:
February 26, 2001:
- "Comparing Firewall Architectures and Products" by Char Sample, 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- "Firewall Product Comparison" by Diana Kelley, 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- "Firewall Product Panel Discussion" featuring Barry Cioe, 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
February 27, 2001:
- "Denying Distributed Denial of Service Attacks" by Greg Adams, 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- "ASP's: How to Ensure You're Secure," by Diana Kelley, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- "Strengths and Limitations of Intrusion Detection Systems," by Rob Clyde, 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- "Hacker Update: What's New in the Hacker Underground" by Diana Kelley, 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
February 28, 2001:
With more than 25 years in the industry, Clyde is a recognized information security expert; he currently serves as vice president and chief technologist for the Enterprise Solutions Division at Symantec. Sample is an architect within Symantec's research labs and has more than 15 years of experience in the industry, including firewall installation, e-commerce solutions, and organizational training. Kelley, a general manager, has more than a decade of experience in the IT security arena. Cioe is product group manager of Symantec's Internet security product line, with 13 years of experience in security product development and services. Adams, director of development and principal designer for the Symantec risk and vulnerability management systems, has more than 10 years experience in the development and implementation of information protection solutions.
- "IDS Roundtable" featuring Greg Adams, 7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- "Creating Secure DMZ's for E-Business," by Diana Kelley, 9:45 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please view the Symantec Press Center at http://www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ on Symantec's Web site. All prices noted are in US dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec logo, VERITAS, and the VERITAS logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged.
News Releases |