Symantec Announces Integrated AntiVirus and Filtering Product for Microsoft Exchange 2000
Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange 2000 Protects Networks From Malicious Content,
Provides Administrators With Scalable, Reliable Security Tool
CUPERTINO, Calif. - Oct. 1, 2001 - Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC), a world leader in Internet security, today announced Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange 2000, an integrated anti-virus and content filtering solution for Microsoft Exchange 2000 systems. Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange 2000 streamlines the process of scanning content for inappropriate material and delivers enterprise customers comprehensive protection, detection and removal of security threats on Microsoft Exchange servers.
"Symantec understands that viruses are only one of many threats that an administrator faces when protecting an Exchange environment," said Gail Hamilton, executive vice president, Product Delivery and Response, Symantec Corporation. "Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange 2000 provides corporate administrators with an easily managed, reliable and cost-effective integrated solution for protecting enterprise networks from the growing sophistication of today's malicious attacks."
Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange, which is scheduled to be available at the end of the year, is designed to provide the highest scanning performance and protection with the least impact to server operation and stability. The solution is expected to include the following new features:
In addition to the new offerings, Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange 2000 will continue to integrate with Microsoft's VS API 2.0 and scan 100 percent of both inbound and outbound e-mail, including attachments, before any other process or client application takes place. Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange will also continue to support the different server clustering options that are available to the Microsoft Exchange 2000 user, such as active/passive and active/active cluster configurations. Finally, the easy-to-use HTML-based interface will remain, providing administrators with the ability to manage the software from any location, and produce comprehensive reports to view, print, and export valuable information.
- Integrated content filtering and anti-virus technologies allows for a single scan for malicious and unauthorized content, maintaining high performance and protection with the least impact to server operation and stability. The integration of content filtering into this product enhances protection by blocking email by subject line or attachment, as well as filtering in real-time for Spam messages. In addition, Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange 2000 will include Symantec's patented Dynamic Document Review (DDR), a multi-lingual, context-sensitive content analysis technology.
- Multiple Server Management Console allows for multiple Exchange Servers to be managed simultaneously from a single location and is particularly beneficial to medium and large-sized enterprises.
- Advanced policy management provides administrators with easy-to-configure protection against a variety of threats including viruses, inappropriate message content, and Spam messages.
- Zero maintenance management reduces routine product maintenance, through the use of new install settings, allowing administrators to focus on more important tasks. One example is the server status snapshot feature which provides robust logging, reporting, configurable user notifications, and statistics. Another customizable feature, User Interface Security Levels, allows for the setting of various access levels to the product based on the rights of the user.
- Outbreak management provides administrators with the ability to define outbreak rules to trigger alerts and actions during a virus outbreak, or when there is a reasonable suspicion of an attack. This gives administrators the ability to take action to protect their systems in an outbreak situation, even before new virus definitions have arrived.
Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange 2000 is scheduled to be available at the end of the year. Product information will be available at that time at http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com.
Microsoft Exchange 2000
Microsoft Exchange 2000 is the easy-to-manage messaging and collaboration platform that provides e-mail, calendaring, instant messaging, conferencing, and services for custom collaborative solutions that bring people and information together. Exchange 2000 delivers enhanced reliability, scalability, manageability and performance with a lower total cost of ownership.
Symantec Enterprise Security
Symantec Enterprise Security provides any size organization with the technology, global response and services necessary to manage its information security. Symantec's comprehensive solution offers best-of-breed products to protect gateways, servers, and clients with virus protection, firewall security, intrusion detection and vulnerability management. Customers benefit from Symantec's global network of researchers that provide customers with around-the-clock, immediate response to any new security-related attacks. Symantec Enterprise Security customers are also supported by one of the largest professional security organizations in the world, offering security consulting, security education and managed security services. For more information, please visit Symantec's enterprise Web site at http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/.
Symantec, a world leader in Internet security technology, provides a broad range of content and network security solutions to individuals and enterprises. The company is a leading provider of virus protection, firewall and virtual private network, vulnerability management, intrusion detection, Internet content and e-mail filtering, remote management technologies and security services to enterprises around the world. Symantec's Norton brand of consumer security products leads the market in worldwide retail sales and industry awards. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has worldwide operations in 37 countries. For more information, please visit
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please view the Symantec Press Center at
http://www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ on Symantec's Web site. All prices noted are in US dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec logo, AXENT, AXENT Technologies, and the AXENT logo are trademarks or registered trademarks, in the United States and certain other countries, of Symantec Corporation or its subsidiaries. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged.
News Releases |