Symantec Security Experts to Speak at RSA Conference 2003
CUPERTINO, Calif. - April 10, 2003
- Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC), the world leader in Internet security, today announced that six Symantec security experts will speak at RSA Conference 2003, April 13-17, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. RSA Conference 2003 is a key forum for gathering decision and policy makers together to discuss critical Internet security-related issues.
Dee Liebenstein, group product manager for Symantec Security Response, will speak Wednesday, April 16, at 11:15 a.m. P.T. Liebenstein's presentation "Attack Facts: Intelligent Information Security" will demonstrate how organizations can be proactive in their approach to intelligence gathering to better identify emerging threats from multiple sources.
On Thursday, April 17, Symantec security experts will give the following presentations:
- At 9 a.m. P.T. Charles Breed, Symantec's director of business development, will present "Securing Telephony: The Last Perimeter into your Network." His presentation will discuss technology that combines security and management capabilities and how the technology enables the enterprise to secure its electronic perimeter from penetration while achieving cost savings.
- From 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. P.T. Juanita Koilpillai, senior program director for government-funded research, will present "The Future of Enterprise Security." Her presentation will discuss the future of the security industry and how a combination of technology and human response is critical to ensure effective protection.
- From 11 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. P.T. Brian Hernacki, security architect, will present "Hack Attacks: Understanding Security Lifecycles." In his presentation, he will discuss cyber threat lifecycles and their implications towards defense technologies for enterprises.
- Also at 11 a.m. P.T. Larry Dietz, Symantec's director of North American enterprise marketing, will participate on the panel "A Practical Guide to the National Strategy to Secure Cyber Space."
- From 1:15 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. P.T. Linda McCarthy, executive security advisor, office of the CTO, will give a keynote presentation on "The Information Security Landscape." McCarthy's presentation will discuss the importance of the presentation of security information and how it influences why executives choose to fund security efforts.
Symantec Enterprise Security provides any size organization with the technology, global response and services necessary to manage its information security. Symantec's comprehensive solutions offer best-of-breed products to protect gateways, servers, and clients with firewall security, intrusion detection, vulnerability management, virus protection and virtual private networking (VPN). Customers benefit from Symantec's global network of researchers that provide customers with around-the-clock, immediate response to any new security-related attacks. Symantec Enterprise Security customers are also supported by one of the largest professional security organizations in the world, offering security consulting, security education and managed security services. For more information on Symantec and its security solutions visit the company at booth 1200.
Sponsored by RSA Security, Inc, the RSA Conference 2003 is the leading e-security event, bringing the world's e-security experts together with more than 10,000 leaders from industry, government and academia.
Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please view the Symantec Press Center at http://www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ on Symantec's Web site. All prices noted are in US dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec logo, VERITAS, and the VERITAS logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged.
Print this Page
News Releases |