Symantec Offers Webcast to Help Managers Build Business Case for Implementing Corporate Security Awareness Program
CUPERTINO, Calif. - Sept. 15, 2003
- Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC), the world leader in Internet security, today announced it will host a webcast on how to obtain funding for a corporate security awareness program. The one-hour webcast, titled "Funding Your Security Awareness Program: How to Build a Business Case to Get the Budget You Need," will be held on Thursday, Sept. 18, 2003, at 8:00 a.m. PDT and again at 11:00 a.m. PDT.
Attendees can register at http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/content/webcastinfo.cfm?webcastid=xx.
Timothy Harrison, director of Consulting Services for Symantec, will lead the webcast. The presentation will enable line, business, and IT security managers to garner support from the CEO, CFO, and other high-level managers for an enterprise-wide employee security awareness program. The webcast will include topics such as:
- Calculating the direct and indirect costs associated with inappropriate employee behavior
- Identifying specific regulatory and/or legal issues associated with information security
- Measuring the value of having a more security-savvy workforce
- Gauging the ongoing effectiveness of a security awareness program
"In today's resource-constrained environment, corporate security awareness programs must compete with other top projects to get management buy-in and support," said Harrison. "By building a business case that addresses the most compelling issues surrounding employee security awareness, managers can secure approval from top executives to implement a successful corporate program that enhances the company's security stance."
Part of Symantec's Enterprise Security Services, Symantec Education
Services provides technical product training, vendor-neutral security
education, and employee security awareness programs so enterprises
can better protect vital information. These programs enable organizations
to optimize the operation and administration of security systems,
effectively address business risks, and reduce security issues with
a more conscientious workforce. For more information on Symantec Education
Services and its upcoming webcasts and seminars, please visit http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/SecurityServices/.
Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please view the Symantec Press Center at http://www.symantec.com/PressCenter/ on Symantec's Web site. All prices noted are in US dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec logo, VERITAS, and the VERITAS logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged.
Print this Page
News Releases |