PowerQuest Expands Professional Services to Help Businesses Integrate Storage Lifecycle Automation Technology
Pre-packaged and customizable options deliver technical expertise necessary to increase ROI of storage resources using PowerQuest products
OREM, Utah - August 14, 2002 -
PowerQuest® Corporation, a provider of storage lifecycle automation to businesses worldwide, today announced expanded professional services options that provide businesses with access to PowerQuest’s storage management and deployment expertise, helping reduce the total cost of ownership of corporate storage environments. The programs offer a variety of pre-packaged and customizable services options that include training, configuration and implementation focused on the deployment, protection and management of storage resources. PowerQuest will deliver services directly, through authorized service partners or through a combination of PowerQuest and its partners.
The expansion of PowerQuest’s professional services provides additional value add to the company’s storage management architecture, Storage Lifecycle Automation Management™ (SLAM). Services help customers and potential customers realize the benefits of this new architecture in automating the management of the complete storage lifecycle. For more information on the SLAM architecture, see the whitepaper at http://www.powerquest.com/whitepapers/slam-whitepaper.pdf.
“The expansion of our professional services is part of PowerQuest’s natural evolution in providing complete enterprise storage management solutions,” said Tracy Flinders, vice president of Professional Services at PowerQuest. “Extending the technical expertise of PowerQuest to our partners and customers makes it easier for companies to realize the full benefits of PowerQuest technology in managing their storage lifecycle from the initial build to the retirement of corporate data.”
New professional services options from PowerQuest include:
- QuickStart Services for deployment, protection and storage management, which include pre-packaged training and implementation services to accelerate a customer’s return on investment in PowerQuest technology.
- In-Place Migration Services, which use a patent-pending user-state migration practice to accelerate migration to a new operating system independent of a network while preserving personality settings and user data.
- Customized Deployment Services, including advanced scripting and implementation, data and settings migration, image conversion and custom consulting to meet the specific needs of the organization.
- Customized Storage Services, such as storage audit and analysis, storage quota management and file screening to give companies visibility into their storage environment and show how they can maximize their investment in their current storage resources.
- Based on the customer’s needs and the extent of services required, these programs will be delivered either by PowerQuest’s internal services organization, by authorized PowerQuest service partners or through a combination of service providers and PowerQuest personnel. Service partners include global system integrators and value-added resellers (VARS) with expertise and extensive backgrounds in deployment, data protection and storage management services. This flexibility ensures that customers are able to receive the level of support and technical knowledge necessary to meet their needs and enables PowerQuest to support business growth of their service partners.
Pricing and Availability
The professional services programs outlined above are available immediately in North America and Europe by contacting PowerQuest or an authorized PowerQuest partner. To contact a PowerQuest sales representatives and partners, go to www.powerquest.com/partners/ and select the appropriate geographic region.
Pricing for Professional Services is based on a daily fee plus expenses. QuickStart Services include a packaged price for specific services plus expenses and can be expanded based on customer needs. Contact your local PowerQuest representative or service provider for details on pricing.
For additional information on these programs and other PowerQuest professional services, go to www.powerquest.com/services/
PowerQuest Corporation is a global provider of automated deployment and recovery solutions for corporations and individual users. Based on the company's Virtual Volume Imaging (V2i) technology and Active State Management (ASM) architecture, PowerQuest products and services simplify the management of storage throughout the technology lifecycle. PowerQuest products are available directly from the company and throughout a network of partners in more than 34 countries. www.powerquest.com
News Releases |