250-254: Administration of Symantec Cluster Server 6.1 for UNIX
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, deployment, product administration, management, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Symantec Cluster Server 6.1 for UNIX.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must pass the technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Recommended 3-6 months experience working with Symantec Cluster Server 6.1 for UNIX in a production or lab environment.
- Recommended knowledge of UNIX system and network administration.
- Recommended knowledge of storage virtualization and high availability concepts.
- Recommended Symantec Certified Specialist in Symantec Storage Foundation 6.1 or equivalent working knowledge of Veritas Storage Foundation
Familiarity with product documentation:
- Symantec Cluster Server Administrator’s Guide
- Symantec Cluster Server Bundled Agents Reference Guide
- Symantec Cluster Server Installation Guide
- Symantec Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions Troubleshooting Guide
- Symantec Cluster Server Agent for Oracle Installation and Configuration Guide
- Veritas Operations Manager Administrator’s Guide
- What's New in Symantec Cluster Server 6.1
Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Deploy cluster solutions using Symantec Cluster Server.
- Determine how components external to the cluster may impact high availability.
- Understand cluster concepts, components, and configurations.
- Modify cluster configurations.
- Monitor and manage clusters.
- Perform troubleshooting, including gathering of log files.
- Interface with other technology groups, such as storage and networks.
- Ascertain the impact of cluster customizations, including modifying default values.
Symantec Web sites (Symantec Technology Network, Symantec Support, and product pages)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the SCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com