250-270: Administration of Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for Unix
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to plan, install, configure, and maintain NetBackup 7.0 for Unix.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must pass the technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Recommended 8-12 months experience administering NetBackup or working in Technical Support
- Knowledge of UNIX system and network administration
- Knowledge of storage virtualization and data protection concepts
- Familiarity with the administration and configuration of a UNIX operating system supported by NetBackup
Product documentation for NetBackup 7.0:
- Symantec NetBackup Administrator's Guides (UNIX and Linux)
- Symantec NetBackup Installation Guide (UNIX and Linux)
- Symantec NetBackup OpsCenter Administrator's Guide
- Symantec NetBackup Deduplication Guide
- Symantec NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide
- Symantec NetBackup Commands
Symantec Web sites (Symantec Technology Network, NetBackup Tech Center, Symantec Support, and product pages)
Symantec NetBackup eLearning Modules
- Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for UNIX: Install, Configure, and Deploy - 2-day ILT (instructor led training in a classroom or in the Virtual Academy) and Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for UNIX: Manage and Administer - 3-day ILT (instructor led training in a classroom or in the Virtual Academy)
Other Recommended Courses:
Note: Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org