250-310: Administration of Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge and competency against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must pass the technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Recommended minimum 6 months field experience working with Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange
Ability to perform administrative tasks for the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server administration and maintenance
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010
- Microsoft Exchange/Outlook including PST (Personal Storage)/OWA (Outlook Web Access/App) administration and maintenance
- Microsoft network administration and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL database administration and maintenance
- Microsoft Active Directory administration and maintenance
- Enterprise Vault supported storage or Storage configurations or Network storage concepts
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Exchange Journaling
- Microsoft Exchange Public Folder
- Microsoft Exchange Managed Folder
- Standard backup and availability concepts
Product documentation for Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange (coming in September 2011)
Symantec Web sites (knowledge base, yellow books, and product pages)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the SCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org