250-314: Administration of Symantec Backup Exec 2010
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Symantec Backup Exec 2010.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must pass the technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Minimum 6 months field experience working with Windows and Symantec Backup Exec 2010 (recommended).
- Knowledge of Windows system and network administration
Familiarity with product documentation:
- Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Customer Licensing Guide
- Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Readme First Release Notes
- Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Administrator's Guide
- Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Administrator's Guide Addendum
- Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Utility (BEUTILITY) Guide
Recommended Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Tech Center Modules:
- Working with Exchange Granular Recovery Technology
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Tape Hardware
- Deduplicating Data Using Backup Exec 2010
- Using the Symantec Backup Exec Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructure
- Maintaining the Backup Exec 2010 Environment
- Backing Up and Restoring Enterprise Vault
- Using Granular Recovery Technology with Microsoft SharePoint
- Backup-to-Disk Best Practices
Symantec Web sites (Symantec Technology Network, Backup Exec Tech Center, Symantec Support, and product pages)
- Symantec Backup Exec 2010 – Install and Configure – 2 day & Symantec Backup Exec 2010 – Manage and Administer – 3 day
Note: Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org