250-530: Administration of Symantec Network Access Control 12.1
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge and competency against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
The program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Symantec Network Access Control 12.1.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must pass the technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives
- Sample Exam
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Recommended minimum 6 months field experience working with Symantec Network Access Control 12.1
- Knowledge of Endpoint Security technologies including computer viruses, spyware, and other types of malware, firewall technologies, intrusion detection systems, and implications/ ramifications of security risks
- Knowledge of Endpoint Security technologies including computer viruses, spyware, and other types of malware, firewall technologies, intrusion detection systems, and implications/ ramifications of security risks.
- Administrative level of experience with Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) and Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Management.
- Minimum 2 years experience with advanced network configurations in a complex environment (802.1x, VLANs, RADIUS, network analysis troubleshooting, switch configuration, network architecture, protocols, etc.).
- Familiarity with product documentation for Symantec Endpoint Protection/Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Tech Center Modules
Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Find and deploy software packages to new systems and update Symantec Network Access Control on existing clients.
- Verify Symantec Network Access Control clients are online and functional.
- Interpret Symantec Network Access Control client messages and apply a solution accordingly.
- Create policies based on a specified design.
- Describe the components that comprise Symantec Endpoint Protection/ Symantec Network Access Control.
- Complete preparations needed to install a SNAC Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Demonstrate what must be done in order to deploy the Protection Manager.
- Explain the required steps and available options for installing and configuring Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and SNAC client software.
- Explain the process to migrate to the SNAC Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Perform basic console navigation.
- Manage clients through groups/locations.
- Manage and apply policies.
- Create custom host integrity policies.
- Use reports and logs to identify security problems.
- Update products and content.
- Explain the options for updating clients.
- Explain how communication works between clients, manager and the console and configure clients to communicate properly.
- Create custom requirements and use custom requirement templates.
- Install the SNAC Gateway and LAN Enforcer hardware and operating system and configure for network operation.
- Install the SNAC DHCP Enforcer plug-in and configure for operation.
- Manage the SNAC Gateway and LAN Enforcer.
- Manage the embedded Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager database settings.
- Basic troubleshooting for Symantec Network Access Control.
- Design and implement guest access and quarantine networks .
- Configure exceptions and unmanaged devices.
- Perform basic troubleshooting (everything but 802.1x and gateway enforcer failover).
- Design appropriate architectures, and monitor status and security events.
- Interpret the results of reports and determine the action to take to remediate the situation.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting (802.1x and gateway enforcer failover).
Symantec Web sites (knowledge base, yellow books, and product pages)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the SCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com