Symantec Certified Professional (SCP)
Exam 850-001: Cloud Security 1.0
Although security solutions in cloud environments vary in complexity and depth of technical knowledge and skill, the certification exam validates that partners, customers, and employees have technical knowledge and competency covering core elements of the capabilities, deployment options, and solution applications, including product-specific as well as non-product-specific solutions using real world scenarios.
The certified end user will demonstrate the ability to architect and design through the understanding and evaluation of risk assessment processes, migration strategies, cloud services, deployment models, implementation, basic administration, and security concerns—as well as applied solutions involved with securing cloud environments. This serves as a basis of technical understanding of and competency with essential cloud security knowledge in an enterprise and cloud services environment.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must provide proof of passing the CCSK exam, pass the SCP technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
Proof of passing the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Certificate in Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK). Please see our FAQ
for instructions on how to meet this prerequisite.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Experience with the solutions through shadowing of a successful risk assessment, technical evaluation, product deployment, or six months experience designing and implementing cloud solutions.
Familiarity with latest product documentation:
Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Evaluate risks to assets in the cloud
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different virtualization solutions used by cloud services
- Develop and manage a cloud migration strategy
- Determine potential risks, concerns, security gaps, and data exposure points for a private, public, hybrid, and community deployment models
- Use Symantec O₃ to address cloud application access issues
- Position Symantec Data Loss Prevention to address potential exposure issues of confidential data
- Position Symantec Security Information Manager to address compliance and incident response
- Position Symantec Web Gateway to address web-borne malware issues
- Position Critical System Protection to protect key assets in the cloud
- Position Control Compliance Suite generate governance and risk reports
- Position Symantec Messaging Gateway to protect email traffic
- Integrate Symantec products with common virtualization solutions
- Deploy and administer Symantec O₃
- Install, configure, and manage networking equipment, such as routers, switches, firewalls, web gateways, web proxies, and MTAs
Note: This SCP program consists of a technical exam created specifically to measure technical understanding of and competency with cloud security solutions and related concepts, including Symantec-specific as well as non-product-specific solutions. Test candidates should have a minimum of 6 months experience with assessing, architecting, or implementing cloud security solutions, and should be familiar with the course content covered in the 3rd day of the Symantec Cloud Security Essentials (SCSE) course. Additionally, candidates should have a strong knowledge of the industry standard white papers and other resources outlined in the SCP Cloud Security 1.0 Exam Study Guide.
Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com