Duration = 90 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing score = 71%
Total items = 60 - 70
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. A Volume Manager disk can be divided into one or more ________.
- a. disk groups
- b. partitions
- c. slices
- d. subdisks
2. What does an active/passive array provide?
- a. load balancing using minimum I/O policy
- b. high availability in the event of a total array failure
- c. load balancing using the round robin I/O policy
- d. high availability in the event of a path failure
3. Which configuration step must be completed prior to assigning a new disk to a disk group?
- a. initialize the disk
- b. create subdisks
- c. assign disk space to volumes
- d. configure the volume disk pool
4. Which vxdisk command options display disk information and the disk group status?
- a. -o dg list
- b. -o alldgs list
- c. -o list alldgs
- d. -o list dg
5. If the datadg disk group has a disk group version of 50, what occurs when you run the vxdg upgrade datadg command with no other options?
- a. The disk group is upgraded by one disk group version level, in this case, to version 60
- b. You receive an error stating that the disk group version must be specified
- c. The disk group is upgraded to the latest disk group version
- d. The current disk group version is displayed and no further action is taken
6. Output from the vxprint command displays information stored in the _______.
- a. private region
- b. public region
- c. partition table
- d. dirty region log
7. Which command removes the datavol volume from the datadg disk group?
- a. vxassist -g datadg remove volume datavol
- b. vxremove -g datadg remove volume datavol
- c. vxassist -g datadg destroy volume datavol
- d. vxdg -g datadg destroy volume datavol
8. Which statement is true about the relationship between a Volume Manager volume and the corresponding file system?
- a. Starting the volume will start the file system
- b. The file system must be mounted to stop the volume
- c. The file system must be unmounted to stop the volume
- d. Starting the file system will start the volume
9. Which command forces the daemon to reread all the drives in the system?
- a. kill ?HUP vxiod
- b. vxdisk rescan
- c. vxdctl enable
- d. vxprint -voldstart
10. Which command can be used to remove a disk interactively?
- a. vxdiskadm option “remove a disk”
- b. vxdisk remove -f -i
- c. vxdisk relocate -f -i
- d. vxdiskadm option “relocate subdisks”
11. The datadg disk group contains four disks. A 100 MB volume named datavol is concatenated using two disks. There are no other volumes in the disk group. There are three processes performing random reads that are 512K in size on the volume. Output from a vxstat command indicates that all I/O activity occurred mostly on one of the two disks.
Which action will most evenly distribute the I/O across all disks in the disk group?
- a. Mirror the volume using the two unused disks
- b. Remove the two unused disks from the disk group
- c. Resize the volume to use all of the disks
- d. Stripe the volume across all four disks
12. Which layout options are available when using the vxassist command to create a layered volume? (Choose two)
- a. concat-mirror
- b. mirror-concatenate
- c. stripe-mirror
- d. mirror-stripe
- e. concatenate-stripe
- f. stripe-concatenate
13. Which menu option within the vxdiskadm utility can be used to create a new disk group?
- a. Add or initialize one or more disks
- b. Add or initialize one or more disk groups
- c. Make a disk available for hot-relocation use
- d. Enable access to (import) a disk group
14. What are the benefits of enclosure-based naming? (Choose three)
- a. easier fault isolation
- b. improved array availability
- c. device-name independence
- d. improved SAN management
- e. improved disk performance
15. Which command creates a 10 GB volume named datavol in the datadg disk group, assuming that the /etc/default/vxassist file does NOT exist on the system?
- a. vxvmvol -g datadg new 10g datavol
- b. vxvol -g datadg create 10g datavol
- c. vxassist -g datadg make datavol 10g
- d. vxdisk -g datadg 10g newvol datavol
16. Online resizing of a Volume Manager volume and file system requires that the file system is _____.
- a. in the bootdg disk group
- b. checked before the process
- c. shared across disk groups
- d. mounted during the process
17.Which command displays the contents of the volboot file?
- a. vxvolboot list
- b. vxcat volboot
- c. vxdctl list
- d. vxconfig volboot
18. What are the characteristics of a space-optimized snapshot? (Choose two)
- a. contains compressed primary data
- b. references the primary data
- c. requires less space than a full-sized point-in-time copy
- d. initially contains a complete copy of primary data
- e. performs an automatic atomic-copy resynchronization
19. Which Veritas Volume Manager command displays average volume read and write times?
- a. vxprint
- b. vxstat
- c. vxtrace
- d. vxinfo
20. What is the recommended next step to be performed after a failed disk has been physically replaced?
- a. Logically replace the disk in volume Manager
- b. Unrelocate any relocated Volume Manager subdisks to the new disk
- c. Synchronize any STALE plexes
- d. Ensure that the operating system can access the disk
21. Which commands can be used to manage dynamic multipathing? (Choose two)
- a. vxddladm
- b. vxdiskadm
- c. vxdmpadm
- d. vxpathadm
- e. vxassist
22. Which task related to protecting the Volume Manager configuration has the steps “precommit” and “commit” associated with it?
- a. restore
- b. backup
- c. replace
- d. remove
Answers: 1-d, 2-d,3-a, 4-b, 5-c, 6-a, 7-a, 8-c, 9-c,10-a,11-d, 12-a&c, 13-a, 14-a&c&d, 15-c, 16-d, 17-c, 18-b&c, 19-b, 20-d, 21-b&c, 22-a
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org