Duration = 120 minutes
Passing score = 73%
Total items = 85 - 95
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. Which files are updated during a master server installation?
- a. /etc/services,/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf,/etc/inetd.conf
- b. /etc/services,/usr/open/netbackup/vm.conf,/etc/initd.conf
- c. /etc/service,/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf,/etc/inetd.conf
- d. /etc/service,/usr/openv/netbackup/vm.conf,/etc/inetd.conf
2. Which policy attribute allows backups to be restarted, without starting from the beginning?
- a. Cross mount points
- b. Take checkpoints every
- c. Collect true image restore information
- d. Collect disaster recovery information
3. What causes tapes to become frozen by NetBackup?
- a. Using an unlabeled blank tape
- b. Using an unformatted blank tape
- c. Excessive read errors
- d. Excessive write errors
4. A NetBackup client that is the only client in a single policy will have maintenance performed on Friday night and will be down the entire night. It is unnecessary to run backups until Saturday night.
Which is the best solution to have backups for this client skip Friday night and run on Saturday night?
- a. Deactivate the policy
- b. Modify the policy Active Go into effect at date
- c. Modify the policy Deactivate policy until date
- d. Allow the policy to run and ignore the failure for Friday night
5. A NetBackup administrator is getting Status Code 54: Timed out connecting to client for all backups of a client.
Which command can be used to help troubleshoot this problem?
- a. nbping
- b. bpverify
- c. bpclntcmd
- d. bpconnect
6. Which functions are performed by the vxlogcfg command? (Choose three.)
- a. Displays log settings for an originator
- b. Copies log files
- c. Lists configured products
- d. Shows log files for an originator
- e. Manages rollover mode
7. You lost all of your NetBackup catalogs and need to recover. Your NetBackup system is up with an empty EMM database.
Before recovering your catalog, you must _______. (Choose three.)
- a. Configure the tape drives
- b. Configure the storage unit
- c. Inventory the library
- d. Move the required media for recovery into the CatalogBackup pool
- e. Create a NBU-Catalog policy
- f. Locate the catalog recovery file
8. What must be done before an AdvancedDisk pool can be deleted? (Choose two.)
- a. All backups to the pool must be expired
- b. All volumes must be removed from the pool
- c. The storage server must be deleted
- d. The storage unit must be deleted
- e. The media server must be taken offline
9. A new LAN has been set up to offload a portion of backup traffic from the production network. To differentiate between the two networks, all hosts on the backup network have been given a -bkup suffix. One media server and all of its backup clients have been configured to access this backup network.
What should be done to ensure backup traffic uses the new backup network? (Choose two.)
- a. Configure the option Use specified network interface on each client to specify the -bkup host name of the media server
- b. Configure the option Use specified network interface on the media server to specify its own -bkup host name
- c. Add the -bkup host name of the media server to the NetBackup server list on each client
- d. Add the -bkup host name of each client to the client list on the media server
e. Change the name of the media server to the -bkup host name using the Change server function in the console
10. What is the minimum server version that can be upgraded directly to NetBackup 6.5?
- a. 3.4
- b. 4.5
- c. 5.1
- d. 6.0
11. NetBackup has been configured with ten storage units. A policy must have the ability to use only storage units A and B for its backup jobs.
What can be done to allow the policy to use only these two storage units?
- a. Select Any Available as the policy storage unit
- b. Create a new storage unit and include storage unit A and storage unit B by configuring multi-copies
- c. Create a storage unit group with storage unit A and configure drives in storage unit B using multi-copies
- d. Create a storage unit group that includes storage units A and B and add the group as the policy storage unit
12. When attempting to restore a UNIX client, which policy type needs to be selected?
- a. Standard
- b. Linux
- c. NetWare
- d. UNIX
13. Which NetBackup settings are used on a media server for performance tuning? (Choose two.)
- a. UPDATE_INTERVAL
- b. REFRESH_INTERVAL
- c. SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS
- d. NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS
- e. DENSITY_DATA_BUFFERS
14. You check the All Log Entries report and find this message: Hot catalog backup is not configured for trainl.
How can you configure NetBackup database backups?
- a. Create a catalog backup policy using policy type NBU-Catalog
- b. Create a catalog backup policy using policy type Sybase
- c. Create a catalog backup policy using policy type Standard
- d. Create a catalog backup policy using policy type MS-Windows-NT
15. A NetBackup system administrator is trying to restore the NetBackup catalogs for disaster recovery testing.
Which command is used to restore the NetBackup catalogs?
- a. bprecover
- b. bprestore
- c. dbrecover
- d. ndbrestore
- e. bpcatrecover
16. You are configuring the latest model of tape drive and NetBackup requires an updated device mappings package.
Where is the device mappings package installed?
- a. on the EMM server only
- b. on all media servers
- c. on the master server
- d. only on the media servers that can see the new tape drives
17. What are the supported policy types for synthetic backups?
- a. Standard or MS-Windows
- b. Standard or MS-Windows-NT
- c. DataStore or MS-Windows
- d. DataStore or Standard
18. How can a NetBackup system administrator add clientA to an existing PolicyA?
- a. Modify PolicyA Backup Selections and add a backup selection called clientA
- b. Modify PolicyA Schedules and add a new schedule called clientA
- c. Modify PolicyA Clients and add a new client called clientA
- d. Modify PolicyA Attributes and select Backup Network Clients
19. Which statements could be true about tapes that are listed as available? (Choose three.)
- a. All of the images are expired and the tape is frozen
- b. All of the images have been manually expired
- c. The tape is new and has never been written to
- d. Some of the images are expired and some are unexpired
- e. Images have met their retention period and are expired
20. Which NetBackup 6.5 logs can be used to help identify disk storage hardware issues?
- a. nbpem and nbjm
- b. bpbrm and bpdbm
- c. nbproxy and bpjpbd
- d. bptm and bpdm
21. Which utility lets you view contents of the media access port on a TLD robot?
- a. robtest
- b. vmquery
- c. tpconfig
- d. tpautoconf
Answers: 1-a, 2-b, 3-d, 4-b, 5-c, 6-a&c&e, 7-a&c&f, 8-a&d, 9-b&c, 10-c, 11-d, 12-a, 13-c&d, 14-a, 15-a, 16-a, 17-b, 18-c, 19-b&c&e, 20-d, 21-a
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com