# of Questions = 86
Duration = 105 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing score = 71%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. What are three valid Symantec Enterprise Vault tasks? (Choose three.)
- a. Exchange Journaling Task
- b. Provisioning Task
- c. Exchange SMTP Task
- d. Exchange Client Task
- e. PST Finder Task
- f. PST Collector Task
2. What does the Symantec Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner check? (Choose three.)
- a. HTTP
- b. DCOM
- c. Exchange Server version
- d. Outlook Collaboration Data Objects (CDO)
- e. MSMQ system management version
3. After configuring Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV), what does the administrator use to confirm that the EV Directory Service is functioning?
- a. Vault Administration Console
- b. Performance Monitor
- c. Task Manager
- d. Windows Applet
4. Best practice for optimization of indexes recommends the reduction in the number of items in an index location.
What should be used to reduce the number of items per index location?
- a. IndexNumWordToWrite
- b. AvsMaxLoc
- c. MemLimitForTextConversionFallback
- d. IndexLocLimit
5. In addition to the Exchange Provisioning Task, which three tasks can be created when an Exchange Target is added? (Choose three.)
- a. Exchange Vault Storage Task
- b. Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task
- c. Exchange Journal Task
- d. Exchange Public Folder Task
- e. Exchange Controller Task
6. What is assigned to each archiving target to define how to archive data on that target?
- a. storage location
- b. quota
- c. catalog
- d. policy
7. Where are the hidden messages stored?
- a. index
- b. archive
- c. Vault Store database
- d. user mailbox
8. When using auto-enabled public folder targets, which folders are automatically enabled?
- a. all public folders
- b. only the targeted folder
- c. all folders one level below a target folder
- d. all folders below a target folder
9. An end user has opened up Outlook using RPC over HTTP and the Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV) toolbar is missing.
Why are the toolbar icons missing?
- a. EV Outlook Add-in is unsupported for RPC over HTTP.
- b. EV Outlook Add-in using RPC over HTTP only displays Menu Items.
- c. EV requires a direct connection to the EV Server, otherwise it disables the Add-in.
- d. EV disables the Outlook Add-in by default when using RPC over HTTP.
10. For which two does Enterprise Vault Reporting provide reports? (Choose two.)
- a. Vault Store usage
- b. Outlook throughput
- c. archiving throughput
- d. status of SQL services
- e. Exchange disk volumes
11. A system administrator needs to immediately prevent a group of users from being able to view the search functionality from within Outlook Web Access (OWA).
What needs to be done to facilitate this?
- a. edit the control files on the Exchange Server to prevent immediate searches the next time the users access OWA
- b. modify the policy used by the Provisioning Group targeting the users to disable the Outlook search feature and run a synchronization on the group
- c. modify the policy used by the Provisioning Group targeting the users to disable the OWA search options and run a synchronization on the mailboxes
- d. modify the policy used by the Provisioning Group targeting the users by changing the View mode to Enterprise Vault and run a synchronization on the mailboxes
12. The organization's Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV) environment has been designed with a failover server, using the building blocks architecture.
Failover from a failed server is provided by which EV component?
- a. Server Failover Process (SFP)
- b. Restore Server Status (RSS)
- c. Failover Restore Process (FRP)
- d. Update Service Locations (USL)
13. Which statement is true about the Indexing Service files?
- a. Each Indexing Service can store its indexes in multiple locations.
- b. Each Indexing Service starts as needed.
- c. Only Indexing Services are running on the SQL Server.
- d. Only Indexing Services are running on the Exchange Server.
14. One of the indexing locations is running out of disk space. Using the Vault Administration Console, the administrator sets the status of the index location to Closed and creates a new index location on another disk volume with adequate space. Shortly after, the situation becomes critical when Monitoring shuts down the services due to low disk space.
What should the administrator do to deal with the situation?
- a. The administrator should restart the Indexing Service so the changes to the index locations take effect and exclude the full disk from monitoring.
- b. The administrator should manually move an archive's index volume folder(s) to the new index location and use the Vault Administration Console to change the index location for the affected archive and repeat until there is enough free space.
- c. The administrator should use the Vault Administration Console to move an archive's index volume(s) to the new location and repeat until there is enough free space.
- d. The administrator should configure monitoring to exclude disk space checking on the affected drive via the registry. No more data will be written to the closed location.
15. As part of a Symantec Enterprise Vault deployment, Human Resources requests that they be provided the capability to search through all users' email. There are thousands of archives, which means that manually adding the desired users permissions would be a lengthy procedure.
Without using Discovery Accelerator, what will grant access to the Human Resources users?
- a. give Read Access to the physical storage location where the DVS files are held
- b. give Read Access using the GrantPermissions option within an Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM) script
- c. give Read Access via the provisioning groups and then run the Provisioning Task
- d. give Read Access via the Directory section within an Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM) script
16. For which Outlook functions does Symantec Enterprise Vault provide extensions?
- a. Outlook Tasks
- b. Outlook Desktop Access
- c. Outlook Toolbar
- d. Outlook Deleted Items
17. Which two does a Provisioning Group enable? (Choose two.)
- a. assign policies to users
- b. automatically enable mailboxes for archiving
- c. set archive permissions
- d. set up the order of the provisioned users
- e. schedule the time of the archive run
18. What can change when mailbox synchronization occurs? (Choose two.)
- a. mailbox permissions
- b. mailbox policies
- c. hidden messages
- d. Vault Stores
- e. archive permissions
19. A large organization wants to archive old mail messages. They want to replace messages with shortcuts, but they want to limit the size of all user shortcuts to have only the first 100 characters of the original email.
Where would the shortcut be configured for this setting?
- a. Provisioning Group Properties
- b. User Archive Properties
- c. Journal Policy Properties
- d. Mailbox Policy Properties
20. An organization needs to ensure that all the items being sent and received to the company are archived.
Which task must be configured to accomplish this?
- a. Vault Storage Task
- b. Journal Archiving Task
- c. Compliance Archiving Task
- d. Mailbox Archiving Task
21. Which three does Symantec Enterprise Vault use to facilitate searching archived items? (Choose three.)
- a. Outlook Integrated Search
- b. Collector Task
- c. Discovery Accelerator
- d. Journaling
- e. Indexing
22. In addition to identifying the Vault Service Account and the DNS aliases, what does the Enterprise Vault Configuration Program do?
- a. grants privileges to the Vault Service Account
- b. sets up Vault Store partitions
- c. establishes quotas for email volume
- d. configures retention levels
23. Which two Windows components are required for Symantec Enterprise Vault Mailbox Archiving to function correctly? (Choose two.)
- a. Active Server Pages (ASP)
- b. Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- c. Front Page 2000 Server Extensions
- d. Remote Desktop Web Connection
- e. Message Queuing (MSMQ)
- f. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
Answers: 1-a&b&f, 2-b&c&d, 3-a, 4-b, 5-b&c&d, 6-d, 7-d, 8-c, 9-d, 10-a&c, 11-c, 12-d, 13-a, 14-b, 15-b, 16-c, 17-a&b, 18-c&e, 19-d, 20-b, 21-a&c&e, 22-a, 23-a&e
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com