# of Questions = 70 - 80
Duration = 105 minutes
Passing score = 76%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. Which two Symantec Enterprise Vault 9 for Exchange features reduce the storage requirements needed by a company to maintain information? (Select two.)
- a. data compression
- b. Collections feature for existing archived data
- c. Optimized Single Instance Storage
- d. storage on WORM devices
- e. partition rollover
2. What are two valid reasons for specifying DNS aliases? (Select two.)
- a. synchronize the mailbox Archiving Task, synchronize the Provisioning Task, run the mailbox Archiving Task, then verify that the Provisioning Group has a ranking order of one
- b. to simplify reconfiguration of the EV infrastructure
- c. to ensure that the EV server can be contacted from external domains
- d. to make it possible to use the EV built-in failover mechanisms
- e. to broadcast the EV server's IP address to all clients on the network
3. Which two pieces of documentation are important to review before upgrading to a new version of Enterprise Vault (EV)? (Select two.)
- a. the most recent EV Compatibility List
- b. EV Installing and Configuring Guide
- c. EV Introduction and Planning Guide
- d. EV Administration Guide
- e. EV Deployment Scanner
4. A company is running Symantec Enterprise Vault 9 (EV 9) for Exchange with only one Client Access Server (CAS), but is planning to implement a second Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group (DAG) server to provide automatic database level recovery from failures of mailbox servers.
To ensure that EV 9 continues to archive mail after a DAG failover, what must be configured in EV 9 to allow for continuous archiving of the mailboxes?
- a. nothing extra because Exchange 2010 takes care of this automatically
- b. run the Provisioning Task after a DAG failover
- c. setup archiving for all DAG member servers
- d. change the archiving target to point to the CAS
5. An organization wants shortcuts to be deleted after six months.
Where in the Mailbox Policy Properties does the administrator configure the removal of six-month-old shortcuts?
- a. select Delete shortcuts in folders on the Shortcut Deletion tab
- b. select Orphaned shortcuts on the Shortcut Deletion tab
- c. select Old shortcut removal on the Advanced tab
- d. select Archiving actions on the Archiving Actions tab
6. An administrator makes a change to the "Remove safety copies" setting on an Enterprise Vault server.
Which service should be restarted?
- a. Enterprise Vault Storage Service
- b. Enterprise Vault Shopping Service
- c. Enterprise Vault Task Controller Service
- d. Enterprise Vault Indexing Service
7. A user cannot access archived items. Troubleshooting indicates it might be related to the user's Outlook client.
How should an Enterprise Vault (EV) administrator enable client tracing to reveal any issues in the client user extensions in Outlook?
- a. enable Advanced Client Features in the Tools menu of the Vault Administration Console
- b. enable client tracing from the advanced properties of the user's archive in the Vault Administration Console
- c. instruct the user to use Ctrl+Shift when clicking any EV toolbar button within Outlook and to then select Maximum Tracing
- d. instruct the user to enable Maximum Tracing in the EV menu within Outlook
8. Which two interfaces allow administrators to toggle backup modes for vault stores and index locations? (Select two.)
- a. Enterprise Vault Policy Manager
- b. Enterprise Vault Management Shell
- c. Enterprise Vault Backup Utility
- d. Enterprise Vault Operations Manager
- e. Enterprise Vault Administration Console
9. Which two logs does Enterprise Vault install into the Windows Event Viewer? (Select two.)
- a. Symantec Enterprise Vault Snap-In
- b. Symantec Enterprise Vault Power Shell
- c. Symantec Enterprise Vault
- d. Symantec Enterprise Vault Converters
- e. Symantec Enterprise Vault Directory Service
10. In which two instances should an administrator use the Deployment Scanner? (Select two.)
- a. upgrading Enterprise Vault (EV) to a new service pack
- b. adding an additional indexing location
- c. installing an additional EV server
- d. configuring partition rollover
- e. configuring an existing EV server
11. What is the purpose of the Enterprise Vault Directory Service?
- a. to provide service access to Vault Stores and Archives
- b. to manage indexes of archived data
- c. to manage selected items to be restored
- d. to provide services access to site configuration information
12. An Enterprise Vault (EV) implementation has been running for three years. New Vault Store partitions are created as the old Vault Store partitions become full, which is every 9 months. The retention category is set for two years and Storage Expiry runs regularly.
The open Vault Store partition is now full and there are no additional storage devices available for a new partition.
How should this issue be addressed, with minimal impact on the EV server?
- a. set the first Vault Store status to Ready
- b. open the first Vault Store partition again
- c. set the current Vault Store partition to Ready
- d. migrate items older than one year
13. A large organization wants to replace mail messages with shortcuts after archiving. The organization also wants to configure shortcuts to retain only a portion of the original message.
Which setting allows only a portion of each mail message to be used in the shortcut?
- a. Percentage message to include
- b. Include message body
- c. Message characters to include
- d. Maximum character limit
14. An administrator testing in a lab notices that nothing is being archived from a specific mailbox. Other mailboxes are being archived regularly.
According to the Enterprise Vault Administrator's Guide, what two things should be done to verify the configuration? (Select two.)
- a. verify the order of the provisioning groups to ensure that the mailbox is not applied to a higher ranking provisioning group
- b. ensure that the Mailbox Indexing Task for the Exchange Server is running
- c. run the EVverify utility to determine which mailboxes are associated with a specific archiving policy
- d. verify that the mailbox is included in the Targets tab of the Provisioning Group properties
- e. run the Provisioned Users utility to export the mailboxes and policies to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for analysis
15. An Enterprise Vault Administrator notices that, within several mailboxes, items are failing to archive overnight and users' archives are empty. Site schedules are being run long enough for archiving to occur. Users were able to archive items manually within Microsoft Outlook.
What should the administrator do to ensure that items are archived?
- a. confirm that the site schedule is outside of hours where Microsoft Exchange is being backed up
- b. confirm that the Archiving Task has Report Mode unchecked
- c. confirm that the Archiving Task is set to start automatically
- d. confirm that "Initially Suspend Archiving" is unchecked in the provisioning group
16. What is needed for an account that is running the PST Locator Task in order to search for PST files?
- a. Backup Administrators group access
- b. Domain User group access
- c. List of PST passwords
- d. File and registry access on all computers
17. Which two can interfere with the normal operation of indexing? (Select two.)
- a. real-time antivirus scanning of index locations
- b. running SQL Server on the same system as the Indexing service
- c. incorrectly set SchemaType
- d. /3GB switch in boot.ini
- e. index location on network share
18. A company deploys Enterprise Vault (EV) in a building block configuration and plans to set up multiple vault store groups. The company has one domain within which four Exchange servers are located.
To archive from all of these servers, how many Provisioning Tasks must be created?
- a. one per EV Server
- b. one per Exchange Server
- c. one per EV site
- d. one per Vault Store Group
- e. one per Active Directory domain
19. An administrator has configured Exchange Journal archiving. Company policy requires searches to handle top-level messages and attachments as a single item for search term matches.
Which value in IndexServer.exe /Summary verifies this ability?
- a. Search Flags
- b. Schema Flags
- c. Item Sequence Number
- d. Index Format
20. An organization has an Enterprise Vault (EV) server in a datacenter in Site A. They have remote offices in Site B, Site C, and Site D. The WAN connection between Site A and Site D is intermittent at times, which results in Site D users being unable to search or access archived items.
Which EV feature should be used in Site D to help alleviate this situation?
- a. install EV Virtual Services
- b. employ EV QoS Services
- c. enable Vault Cache for the users
- d. deploy an Offline Vault Store
Answers: 1-a&c, 2-b&d, 3-a&b, 4-c, 5-a, 6-a, 7-c, 8-b&e, 9-c&d, 10-a&c, 11-d, 12-b, 13-c, 14-a&d, 15-b, 16-d, 17-a&d, 18-e, 19-b, 20-c
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org