# of Questions: 60 - 70
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. What are two key features of the Optimized Single Instance Storage (OSIS)? (Select two.)
- a. sharing between Exchange, SharePoint, and FSA archives
- b. SIS with WORM storage
- c. block-level deduplication
- d. works with all Enterprise Vault supported storage types
- e. works across Enterprise Vault Directories
2. When archiving Exchange Server 2010 SP1 mailbox and journals, why is it necessary to enter a string value of the Fully Qualified Domain Name of the Global Catalog server in HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider\DS Server?
- a. to create the hidden message
- b. to enable and synchronize user accounts
- c. to target a trusted domain and an Exchange server
- d. to look up a recipient hidden from the address book
3. What is the default indexing level for a Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange Site?
- a. None
- b. Brief
- c. Medium
- d. Full
4. A Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange administrator needs to provide information on both Archive and Vault Store data.
Which two reports provide the required data? (Select two.)
- a. Exchange Mailbox Archiving Status
- b. Vault Store Usage by Archive
- c. Vault Store Savesets
- d. Item Archival Rate
- e. Vault Store Usage Summary
5. An organization has been using Enterprise Vault for some time and has created many retention categories. The legal department now requires that all items be kept for a minimum of seven years.
How can the retention categories be modified to support this requirement?
- a. Retention categories shorter than seven years should be deleted.
- b. Provisioning Groups should use new seven year retention categories.
- c. Expiry should be run once every seven years.
- d. Retention periods should be increased to seven years.
6. Which process can automatically re-create and re-associate Storage, Indexing, Task Controller, and Shopping services on a recovered Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange server?
- a. reinstall binaries
- b. use the Getting Started Wizard
- c. use the Configuration Wizard
- d. use EVSVR.exe
7. An administrator has several users who require different policies to be applied to their mailboxes. The administrator has already created the new policies and needs to associate the users with them.
Which component is used to accomplish this?
- a. Provisioning task
- b. Synchronization
- c. Exchange Mailbox Archive task
- d. Provisioning Group
8. To prevent synchronization with managed folders, which file should an administrator modify?
- a. EvExchangePolicySyncTask.exe.config
- b. EVTaskGuardian.exe.config
- c. EvExchangeArchivingTask.exe.config
- d. MonitoringWebAppConfig.exe.config
9. A Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange administrator performs a “Run Now” against a single mailbox in Shortcut Processing mode.
How can the administrator determine whether the run has completed?
- a. nitor the Reports folder for the Archiving report
- b. nitor the A3 MSMQ queue
- c. monitor the Enterprise Vault Event log for the completion event
- d. monitor the A1 MSMQ queue
10. What must be located on the local Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange (EV) servers when using building blocks?
- a. all EV services
- b. SQL databases
- c. Vault Store Partitions
- d. Index locations
11. Where are the PST files that have been located by the PST Locator task listed in Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange?
- a. in the Administration Console, in the Personal Store Locator container, under Files
- b. in the Administration Console, in the properties of the PST Locator task, on the Files tab
- c. in the ..\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\PSTLocator\ folder
- d. in the Administration Console, in the Personal Store Management container, under Files
12. An organization has a mixed Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 SP1 topology. An administrator is planning a new Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange installation.
Which two scripts must be run on the Exchange servers? (Select two.)
- a. SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1 on the Exchange 2007 server only
- b. SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 on the Exchange 2007 server only
- c. SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1 and SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 on the Exchange 2007 server
- d. SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1 and SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 on the Exchange 2010 SP1 server
- e. SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1 and SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1 on both servers
13. How can a Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange administrator determine which mailbox and desktop policies are assigned to a user's mailbox?
- a. review the Data Analysis report
- b. review the full Archive Task report
- c. review the ExchangeMailboxEntry table
- d. review the full Provisioning report
14. What is the associated SISPart file extension that contains the indexable content of an archived item?
- a. .dvfcc
- b. .dvs
- c. .dvscc
- d. .dvssp
15. Users are unable to access archived email. After checking the Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange (EV) server, the administrator notices that all EV services are stopped.
Which two can cause the EV services to stop? (Select two.)
- a. The Enterprise Vault license has expired.
- b. Too many errors are encountered in a short period of time.
- c. There is insufficient free space on a system disk.
- d. The Enterprise Vault event log is full.
- e. The MSMQ service has stopped.
16. What is the maximum number of Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange server instances that can run simultaneously on an individual cluster node?
17. Which elements can an administrator use to create a new role when implementing role-based administration?
- a. tasks, roles, and operations
- b. operations, roles, and functions
- c. functions, tasks, and operations
- d. roles, functions, and tasks
18. An organization is setting up Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange (EV) to archive emails. The administrator needs to create reports to determine how often items are accessed within the archive.
What are two possible options for the administrator? (Select two.)
- a. Install the SQL Reporting Services on the EV server > Deploy the EV reports > Run the "Archived Items Access" report
- b. Install the SQL Reporting Services on any server > Deploy the EV reports > Run the "Archived Items Access" report
- c. Install the SQL Reporting Services on the SQL server > Deploy the EV reports > Run the "Archived Items Access" report
- d. Install the SQL Reporting Services on the SQL server > Enable EV auditing > Deploy the EV Reports > Run the "Archived Items Access" report
- e. Use the IIS log files on the EV server > Analyze the content
19. Which client service is required when using Vault Cache?
- a. Distributed Link Tracking Client service
- b. Background Intelligent Transfer service
- c. Protected Storage service
- d. Windows CardSpace service
20. An organization has enabled Virtual Vault for all users.
Which setting should an administrator modify to prevent users from dragging and dropping items into Virtual Vault?
- a. Desktop policy > Advanced > Vault Cache > Manual archive inserts
- b. Desktop policy > Advanced > Virtual Vault > Users can archive items
- c. Desktop policy > Advanced > Virtual Vault > Users can reorganize items
- d. Desktop policy > Advanced > Vault Cache > Users can archive items
Answers: 1-a&b, 2-d, 3-d, 4-b&e, 5-d, 6-c, 7-d, 8-a, 9-b, 10-a, 11-d, 12-a&d, 13-d, 14-c, 15-b&c, 16-a, 17-a, 18-d&e, 19-b, 20-b
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org