# of Questions: 77
Exam Duration: 90 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 61%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. A backup administrator is given the responsibility to protect a remote site that contains a server with 30 TB of storage at 10% capacity. Management mandates that the backup administrator develop a backup strategy with the primary goal of quick recovery. To accomplish this, the backup administrator purchases a high-capacity tape library, a stand-alone drive, and a DVD-RW drive. The backup administrator also configures a Backup-to-Disk folder as a backup target device.
To achieve quick recovery, which backup device should be used when creating a backup job?
- a. high-capacity tape library
- b. stand-alone drive
- c. DVD-RW drive with UDF packet writing support
- d. Backup-to-Disk folder
2. Which utility can change the location of where job logs are saved?
- a. BEDIAG
- b. VxGather
- c. BEUtility
- d. SGMON
3. A backup job fails when targeting a Backup-to-Disk folder.
Which three conditions would cause a backup-to-disk device to show as being offline? (Choose three.)
- a. The folder is on a RAID array.
- b. The target disk is on a NAS device.
- c. The directory is set for read-only.
- d. The device has been disconnected.
- e. The drive used has run out of available disk space.
4. Which utility can a backup administrator run to diagnose devices that are attached to a media server?
- a. SymDiag
- b. BEDiag
- c. DeviceDiag
- d. BackupDiag
5. A disaster occurred before the backup administrator could create the recovery media.
An Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) media can still be created if the backup administrator has previously performed which action on the media server?
- a. ran the Disaster Recovery Wizard
- b. installed Remote Agent and the IDR option
- c. ran a full backup of the lost server
- d. ran the IDR Configuration Wizard
6. Which two settings does Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers use in order to manage offsite storage? (Choose two.)
- a. export jobs
- b. media vaults
- c. backup template rules
- d. vault rules
- e. offsite rules
7. A Microsoft Exchange backup was performed with Backup Exec Granular Recovery Technology enabled.
Which three items can be restored from the backup? (Choose three.)
- a. mailbox and folder permissions
- b. individual mailboxes
- c. mail messages
- d. Exchange Distribution groups
- e. public folders
8. Which three summaries can be found on the Job Monitor's System Summary view? (Choose three.)
- a. device and media summary
- b. alerts summary
- c. licensing summary
- d. installed patch summary
- e. job summary
9. A Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers media server is used to protect a server running Microsoft Windows 2000 Server on an NTFS partition. The data protection requirements for the server mandate that backup operations have minimal impact on the server's performance.
Which option would best meet this requirement?
- a. create a daily full backup job and an hourly incremental backup job using archive bit
- b. create a daily full backup job and an hourly incremental backup job using NTFS Change Journal
- c. create a daily full backup job and an hourly differential backup job using archive bit
- d. create a daily full backup job and an hourly differential backup job using NTFS Change Journal
10. Which three items can be configured for properties of an alert category? (Choose three.)
- a. redirect the alert to another media server
- b. send SNMP notifications
- c. send notifications to selected recipients
- d. automatically clear alert after a period of time
- e. FTP job log to a designated address
11. In which three Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers UI views are backup job and restore job statuses monitored? (Choose three.)
- a. Job Monitor view
- b. Job Activity view
- c. Backup and Restore view
- d. Alerts view
- e. Reports view
12. Which statement is true about upgrading from Symantec Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers to Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers?
- a. Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 is upgraded to Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0.
- b. Microsoft MDAC 2.8 is upgraded to Microsoft MDAC 2.81.
- c. VERITAS Update 1.0 is upgraded to VERITAS Update 2.0.
- d. Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE) is upgraded to Microsoft SQL 2005 Express.
13. Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers (Backup Exec) is installed on a Windows 2000 Server.
How can a backup administrator verify that the Symantec device drivers are installed for a tape device?
- a. in Windows Device Manager, select the Tape Drives and verify the driver provider
- b. in Windows Explorer, navigate to the Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\NT folder
- c. in the Devices view in Backup Exec, right-click the tape device and select Properties
- d. in the Windows Registry, navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec\TapeDrivers
14. Which database application is included with Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers?
- a. Microsoft SQL 2005 Express
- b. Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP2
- c. Microsoft SQL Desktop Edition 2000
- d. Microsoft SQL Server 2005
15. Tape MONDAY12 is allocated. The Append Period has expired and the Overwrite Protection Period (OPP) expires in one week. A label operation has been performed to re-label the tape to MKT0001.
What happens next?
- a. A random pattern of zeros and ones are written across the surface of the media, rendering it blank.
- b. A label applies a new name to a piece of media and the header of the tape is changed to the new name, rendering it blank.
- c. The tape retains its label and data until its OPP is expired.
- d. The header is erased and the tape is moved into the Scratch media set.
16. Which data encryption algorithm is used on Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers?
- a. Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS)
- b. Data Encryption Standard (DES)
- c. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- d. Triple Data Encryption Standard (3TDES)
17. The backup administrator recently left the company.
What is the most efficient way to configure all backup jobs to use the new backup administrator's account?
- a. create the new account; edit each individual job to use the new account
- b. in the Backup Exec interface, select Tools --> Wizards --> Logon Account Wizard --> Replace Accounts
- c. in the Logon Account Management dialog box, select the old account; click Replace; select the new account
- d. create the new account using the Logon Account Wizard; delete all jobs; re-create all jobs using the new account
18. What is the logical destination of a backup job?
- a. media unit
- b. media set
- c. media group
- d. media pool
19. The Central Administration Server Option (CASO) enables central management of multiple Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers (Backup Exec) media servers.
What are two requirements for the installation of CASO? (Choose two.)
- a. verify the Central Admin Server can communicate with the media servers
- b. reinstall Backup Exec on all of the managed media servers
- c. add the CASO license on the Central Administration Server
- d. add additional network cards to all media servers
- e. add the CASO license to all managed media servers
20. What is required in order to create a policy?
- a. a backup template
- b. a selection list
- c. a template rule
- d. a duplicate template
21. The targeted device for an existing backup job has failed and must be changed.
Which action should be taken?
- a. change the Device and Media settings in Properties for this job in Job Setup
- b. modify the default Device and Media settings for all jobs in the global settings
- c. delete the job and create a new one using the original selection list
- d. change the Device and Media settings in default Properties for this job in Job Monitor
Answers: 1-d, 2-c, 3-c&d&e, 4-b, 5-c, 6-b&d, 7-b&c&e, 8-a&b&e, 9-b, 10-b&c&d, 11-a&d&e, 12-d, 13-a, 14-a, 15-b, 16-c, 17-c, 18-b, 19-a&c, 20-a, 21-a
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org