Number of Questions: 70-80
Exam Duration: 105 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 70%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. Each morning, the administrator of a large and complex Symantec NetBackup 7.0 environment checks the results of all tape-based backups that took place the previous night.
Which report should be run to review the overall backup information for a given timeframe?
- a. Tape Logs
- b. Client Backups
- c. Status of Backups
- d. Tape Summary
2. What must be done to remove an AdvancedDisk pool from a media server?
- a. remove the disk volumes one at a time
- b. remove storage units and expire images that target the disk pool
- c. clear the high and low water marks
- d. expire the credentials from the storage server
3. Which two Global Client Attributes can be over-ridden? (Select two.)
- a. allow server file writes
- b. allow client browse
- c. general client attributes
- d. allow client restores
- e. client connect options
4. A Prioritized storage unit group is configured with two BasicDisk storage units and one tape storage unit that is configured with three DLT tape drives.
What happens if a backup is running on this storage unit group and one of the two BasicDisk storage units becomes full as the job is being written to it?
- a. The backup continues on another media server if "media server spanning" is enabled and a storage unit is free.
- b. The backup continues to a tape on the same media server.
- c. The backup can continue on the other disk storage unit (if available) in the group if "disk spanning" is enabled.
- d. The backup fails because spanning is only allowed on tape storage units.
5. A network administrator sent an email stating that emergency maintenance was required during the night on the network used for backup traffic.
Which status code indicates a job was affected by the network maintenance?
- a. Status Code 11
- b. Status Code 58
- c. Status Code 84
- d. Status Code 150
6. Which two components does OpsCenter Analytics replace? (Select two.)
- a. backup reporter
- b. open storage option
- c. operations manager
- d. shared storage option
- e. Java console
7. A company has changed the SAN configuration. After reconnecting the robotic tape library to the Symantec NetBackup 7.0 media server, the administrator begins to process backup jobs. Symantec NetBackup times out trying to mount a volume for backup indicating error code 52.
What is the cause of this error?
- a. The robot lacks cleaning media.
- b. The device path to the tape drives on the SAN has changed.
- c. The robot is reading an incorrect barcode.
- d. The device mappings file is corrupt.
8. What is the default location for a Symantec NetBackup 7.0 installation on Windows?
- a. C:\Program Files\Veritas
- b. C:\NetBackup
- c. C:\Program Files\Symantec
- d. C:\Program Files\NetBackup
9. Cleaning media resides in which volume pool?
- a. NetBackup
- b. None
- c. Scratch
- d. Clean
10. How are release updates installed on the master server using LiveUpdate?
- a. right-click the LiveUpdate policy type in Policies and choose Update
- b. run the nbliveup command on the master server
- c. right-click the master and select Scan for updates
- d. download the patch files from liveupdate.symantec.com
11. What is the default media multiplexing level on a policy schedule?
12. Two Symantec NetBackup 7.0 master servers, PROD1 and PROD2 use similar barcode-enabled tape libraries and all media have eight digit bar codes. PROD1 uses default media ID generation and PROD2 uses six digit customized media ID generation (#T:#P:3:4:5:6). The administrator needs to restore data from a media used in PROD1 onto a server on PROD2.
What should the administrator do to successfully restore data?
- a. inventory media on the media server in the PROD1 environment
- b. create a new media ID generation rule in the PROD1 environment
- c. add the volume manually using the media ID in the PROD2 environment
- d. add a new barcode rule in the PROD2 environment
13. Which policy attribute should the administrator configure to recover individual messages and Public Folders databases from Microsoft Exchange server backups?
- a. enable NetBackup File System (NBFS)
- b. enable granular backups
- c. enable granular recovery
- d. enable Network File System (NFS)
14. How can new tapes be placed into a specific volume pool automatically using the robot inventory utility?
- a. write a script that reads the labels on the tapes and then uses the vmadd command to add these tapes
- b. make sure the tapes have barcode labels with a specific prefix and create an appropriate barcode rule
- c. configure the media type mappings to use a new default volume pool
- d. use the Media and Device Configuration section of the administration console to add new volumes
15. An administrator has successfully recovered all Symantec NetBackup 7.0 catalogs, which used the only two catalog backup tapes. A number of backups have taken place and a catalog backup is run automatically. The catalog backup fails with an error code 96. The administrator investigates and finds that all of the tapes have been allocated.
What is the cause of this error?
- a. The catalog recovery freezes the catalog tapes.
- b. The catalog recovery freezes the catalog tapes in the NBU-Catalog volume pool.
- c. The catalog recovery suspends the catalog tapes in the NBU-Catalog volume pool.
- d. The catalog recovery suspends the catalog tapes.
16. In a Symantec NetBackup 7.0 environment, a client with the hostname Pluto returns error code 57 whenever the media server requests Pluto to start a backup. The administrator is able to ping Pluto from the media server, then run the command "telnet Pluto bpcd" from the root prompt on the media server.
What does this telnet command check?
- a. whether Pluto allows remote login via bpcd
- b. whether Pluto has any service listening on the bpcd port
- c. whether Pluto meets media server proxy link requirements
- d. whether connectivity exists between Pluto and the media server
17. An administrator connects remotely via terminal console to change the status of a media.
Which command should be used to accomplish this task?
- a. bpimmedia
- b. bpsetmedia
- c. bpmedia
- d. nbemmcmd
18. Which information is backed up by a cumulative incremental backup schedule?
- a. files and folders that have changed since the last incremental backup
- b. files and folders that have changed since the last full backup
- c. only files that have changed since the last incremental backup
- d. only folders that have changed since the last incremental backup
19. To enable Symantec Netbackup 7.0 to manage allocation of volumes to volume pools, media must be placed into which pool?
- a. Scratch
- b. NetBackup
- c. None
- d. DataStore
20. Due to a problem with restores, a support call is opened. The support representative asks that backups for a specific client be located to determine the last time that the client had a backup. The administration console is unavailable.
Which other location can be checked to determine whether the client has had a backup?
- a. the image database
- b. the EMM database
- c. the client database
- d. the media database
Answers: 1-c, 2-b, 3-b&d, 4-c, 5-b, 6-a&c, 7-b, 8-a, 9-b, 10-b, 11-b, 12-c, 13-c, 14-b, 15-a, 16-b, 17-c, 18-b, 19-a, 20-a
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org