Number of Questions: 85-95
Exam Duration: 120 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 66%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. Which statement is true about the Application Metering feature of Inventory Solution?
- a. It tracks and compares changes to application files and registry keys.
- b. It monitors and denies the usage of applications on the network.
- c. It gathers detailed information about application files.
- d. It limits the usage of applications to purchased licenses.
2. Which two Altiris Client Management Suite 7.0 components make it possible for an administrator to show a remote user how to configure an application? (Select two.)
- a. pcAnywhere
- b. Out-of-Band Management
- c. Inventory Solution
- d. Recovery Solution
- e. Deployment Solution 6.9
3. After installing Patch Management Solution, which two must be downloaded before updates can be distributed? (Select two.)
- a. Microsoft .Net Framework
- b. Microsoft QChain
- c. Microsoft Vulnerability Alerts
- d. Microsoft Vulnerability Analysis Report
- e. Microsoft Patch Management Import
4. Where do you view the status of Software Updates while on a managed computer?
- a. Add Remove Programs
- b. Event Viewer
- c. Software Management Agent
- d. Altiris Agent
5. What is a prerequisite for PXE Server operation?
- a. DNS
- b. DHCP
- c. ARP
- d. WINS
6. What is the function of the applicability rule?
- a. It determines conflicts with other software resources within the Software Catalog.
- b. It determines if a software resource has all the required components for delivery.
- c. It determines if a software resource is applicable to the Software Portal for self-delivery.
- d. It determines if a software resource is applicable to a given computer.
7. When using the 'Patch Management Software Distribution Replication for Microsoft' rule, what is required to deploy patches from child Notification Servers?
- a. Software updates must be staged on the child Notification Server.
- b. Software Update policies must be created.
- c. Update policies must be rescheduled.
- d. The child's Default Software Update Agent policy must match the parent's.
8. Which function is available to a Software Portal Manager?
- a. administer software requests
- b. manage and approve software requests
- c. manage software delivery
- d. create and import software resources
9. When using Deployment Solution 6.9 SP1, one user has been assigned to Group A and Group B. Group A has been denied a specific permission to an object and Group B has been given the 'Allow' permission to this same object.
According to the permission rules, why is the denied permission enforced?
- a. The first permission found is enforced.
- b. Permissions do not flow down an object tree.
- c. Group permissions take precedence over user permissions.
- d. Denied permissions override allowed permissions.
10. Which component of Patch Management contains information about updates from Microsoft?
- a. software updates
- b. PMImport
- c. Software Update Agent
- d. Inventory Rules
11. When reviewing the Microsoft compliance reports, the system administrator notices that the data are out-of-date. Newer patches are not appearing on the report.
What should the administrator check to address this issue?
- a. Revise Software Update task
- b. the PMIMPORT Configuration settings
- c. the Patch Management filter update interval
- d. Microsoft Compliance by Bulletin
12. Which plug-in must be installed to deny programs from running on a local workstation?
- a. Asset Management plug-in
- b. Software Management plug-in
- c. Inventory plug-in
- d. Application Metering plug-in
13. Which two categories can be retrieved by configuring standard inventory? (Select two.)
- a. Hardware
- b. System Logs
- c. Domain Group policy
- d. User
- e. Database
14. The administrator of Deployment Solution (DS) has a Deploy Software task that makes use of an .mst transform file. The transform file needs to be modified to install only a subset of the currently installed application.
Which DS feature should the administrator use to accomplish this task?
- a. Modify Configuration task
- b. Deploy Software task
- c. SetupCapture application
- d. Wise MSI Editor application
15. Which report provides results for Quick Delivery tasks?
- a. Software Compliance Detailed Summary
- b. Software Compliance Summary
- c. Software Delivery Execution Summary
- d. Software Delivery Audit Summary
16. A Help Desk technician receives a call from an employee who is experiencing an unexpected error whenever a specific application is launched. The technician needs to view the error and troubleshoot the cause.
Which two tools can the Help Desk technician use to remotely troubleshoot this issue? (Select two.)
- a. pcAnywhere
- b. Application Metering
- c. Software Discovery
- d. Real-Time System Manager
- e. Deployment Solution 7.0
17. Which two features use the detection rules within the Software Catalog? (Select two)
- a. Application Metering
- b. targeted software inventory
- c. Software Discovery
- d. Managed Software Delivery
18. How can a zero-footprint inventory scan be performed on a non-managed computer?
- a. schedule an inventory
- b. run a stand-alone inventory
- c. run a quick delivery inventory
- d. install the Altiris Agent
19. What is a benefit of Wise SetupCapture?
- a. displays progress in the console while redistributing applications
- b. redistributes applications that require input during the install
- c. converts .msi installers to .exe
- d. converts .msi and .exe installers to Software Virtualization Solution Layers
20. Two applications are installed on the same computer. The second application
fails to run because of a file conflict with the first application.
According to Symantec, what should the administrator do?
- a. determine the order of installation and install the applications in the correct order
- b. configure prioritization for the applications to use the correct files
- c. find the file in conflict and use the file from the working application
- d. install each application into its own virtualized application layer
21. An administrator will be using PC Transplant to migrate a computer from Windows XP to Windows Vista.
Which option must be enabled in the Capture Personality task?
- a. Disable UAC
- b. Run in quiet mode
- c. Create Vista compatible executable file (.exe)
- d. Create Vista compatible package file (.pkg)
Answers: 1-b, 2-a&e, 3-b&e, 4-d, 5-b, 6-d, 7-a, 8-b, 9-d, 10-b, 11-b, 12-d, 13-a&d, 14-d, 15-c, 16-a&d, 17-b&d, 18-b, 19-d, 20-d, 21-d
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to email@example.com