250-401: Administration of Symantec Management Platform 7.0 with Notification Server
Number of Questions: 80-90
Exam Duration: 120 minutes (with Borderline survey included)
Passing Score: 72%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. What is a function of the Site Server?
- a. to act as a failover for Notification Server and the Altiris Agent
- b. to offload processing from the Notification Server and to reduce network usage
- c. to act as a Notification Server and to communicate with the Altiris Agent in remote locations
- d. to set up package and task servers to interact with Notification Server
2. What is a prerequisite for installing Symantec Solution Suites?
- a. Symantec Installation Manager must be installed on Notification Server.
- b. Altiris Agent must be installed on computers that will be managed.
- c. Symantec Management Platform must be installed on a managed computer.
- d. Software Management Solution must be installed on a managed computer.
3. If the Notification Server name is NAWNS001, what is the correct URL for installing the Altiris Agent using the pull method?
- a. http://NAWNS001/Altiris/NS/Agent/AltirisAgentDownload.aspx
- b. http://NAWNS001/Altiris/NS/Agent/AltirisPluginsDownload.aspx
- c. http://NAWNS001/Altiris/NS/Agent/SymantecAgentDownload.aspx
- d. http://NAWNS001/Altiris/NS/Agent/SymantecPluginsDownload.aspx
4. It is impossible to modify organizational groups in which organizational view?
- a. All Computers View
- b. Imported Computers View
- c. User Created Organizational View
- d. Default Organizational View
5. What is the result of deleting a resource from the default organizational view?
- a. The Resource status is changed to Retired.
- b. The Resource is no longer available in the view, but it is available in other views it belongs to.
- c. The Resource is removed from all views, but it still remains in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and can be managed.
- d. The Resource is removed from the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and is no longer manageable.
6. An administrator has a corporate directive to apply new virus update policies to a specific group of computer resources.
How should the administrator deliver the policies?
- a. within the target, use Apply to -> Policy
- b. within the target, use Apply to -> Object
- c. within the policy, use Apply to -> Quick Apply
- d. within the policy, use Apply to -> Resources
7. What advantage does the Quick Run option have over the Scheduled option?
- a. It runs the job or task, ignoring maintenance windows.
- b. It runs the job or task without a schedule selection.
- c. It runs the job or task at a higher priority.
- d. It runs the job or task repeatedly until status is success.
8. What contains a list of locations where packages can be downloaded?
- a. Codebase
- b. .xml
- c. Policy File
- d. package.xml
9. Which Task Management component improves scalability?
- a. Task Service
- b. Data Loader
- c. Tickle Service
- d. Client Task Agent
10. An administrator manages several laptop computers that users take on extended business trips. These laptops may not communicate with the Notification Server for several weeks at a time. The administrator wants a custom inventory to continue to be collected on a schedule.
How should the administrator run the custom inventory?
- a. as an automation task
- b. as a client task
- c. as a client policy
- d. as an automation policy
11. A member of the Report Operator security role accidentally deleted an important report.
How can the Symantec Administrator adjust security settings to prevent this from happening in the future?
- a. remove the Delete privilege from the Right Click Menu
- b. remove the Delete permission from the Right Click Menu
- c. add the users to the Symantec Level 1 security role
- d. add the users to the Guest security role
12. An administrator grants read, write, delete, and clone permissions to all console items under the Filters folder to a security role named Filter Writers. The administrator grants permissions to menu items to limit these workers to only work with filters. Workers assigned to this role are unable to create new filters.
What should the administrator do to allow the workers in this role to create filters?
- a. add all the workers in the Filter Writers role to the Symantec Level 2 Workers role
- b. grant insert, update, and delete permissions to the workers for the Filters table in SQL Server
- c. grant the Create Filters privilege to the Filter Writers security role
- d. add the workers to the Domain Users group in Active Directory
13. When security roles are created, which type of Windows NT Object is also created?
- a. Local Group on the Notification Server
- b. Domain Group
- c. Local Group on the Domain Controller
- d. Domain User
14. What is the first thing an administrator must do within the Security Role Manager to reduce the level of permissions a security role has on an item in the console?
- a. remove the permission explicitly at the item
- b. add a user with appropriate rights to the security role
- c. remove inheritance from the parent item
- d. remove NT permissions from the security role
15. How should an administrator create a report that saves a snapshot every 15 days?
- a. create an automation policy that updates the snapshots
- b. create a job that triggers an update every 15 days
- c. in Query Builder, use Advanced tab to edit report properties
- d. click Settings -> All Settings -> Report Settings
16. Which two Altiris middleware components are used in Site Management? (Select two.)
- a. AEXDNS Service
- b. Task Service
- c. FTP Service
- d. PXE Service
- e. Package Service
17. An administrator wants to create a replication rule to replicate computers between two Notification Servers.
Which replication rule type should the administrator select?
- a. Events
- b. Resources
- c. Items
- d. Security
18. Which Symantec Management Platform technology can help reduce total cost of ownership?
- a. Site Server
- b. Task Server
- c. Software Management Framework
- d. Hierarchy
19. What is required for a Notification Server to be added to a hierarchy?
- a. Site Server running the Package Service
- b. Site Server running both the Package and Task Service
- c. Site Server running the Task Service
- d. Site Server running the Replication Service
20. Using Symantec defined best practices, how should permissions and privileges be given to console users?
- a. by user
- b. by security role
- c. by organizational group
- d. by organizational view
Answers: 1-b, 2-a, 3-a, 4-d, 5-d, 6-c, 7-b, 8-d, 9-a, 10-c, 11-a, 12-c, 13-a, 14-c, 15-c, 16 b&e, 17-b, 18-d, 19-a, 20-b
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org