Number of Questions: 75-85
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 72%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. What is a function of the Site Server?
- a. to act as a failover for Notification Server and the Symantec Management Agent
- b. to offload processing from the Notification Server and to reduce network usage
- c. to act as a Notification Server and to communicate with the Symantec Management Agent in remote locations
- d. to set up package and task servers to interact with Notification Server
2. An administrator has a corporate directive to apply new virus update policies to a specific group of computer resources.
How should the administrator deliver the policies?
- a. within the target, use Apply to -> Policy
- b. within the target, use Apply to -> Object
- c. within the policy, use Apply to -> Quick Apply
- d. within the policy, use Apply to -> Resources
3. How should an administrator create a report that saves a snapshot every 15 days?
- a. create an automation policy that updates the snapshots
- b. create a job that triggers an update every 15 days
- c. in Query Builder, use Advanced tab to edit report properties
- d. click Settings -> All Settings -> Report Settings
4. Using Symantec defined best practices, how should permissions and privileges be given to console users?
- a. by user
- b. by security role
- c. by organizational group
- d. by organizational view
5. Which two Altiris middleware components are used in Site Management? (Select two.)
- a. AEXDNS Service
- b. Task Service
- c. FTP Service
- d. PXE Service
- e. Package Service
6. When installing the Symantec Management Platform, what should be implemented to ensure proper control of traffic on WAN links?
- a. Configure the Symantec Management Agent to use the global settings control
- b. Place constrained package servers on the same subnet at the notification server
- c. Configure the Symantec Agent to utilize the network at peak hours
- d. Use the Symantec Management Agent bandwidth throttling controls
7. Which two components are considered to be part of the Symantec Management Platform? (Select two.)
- a. Site Server
- b. Management Agents
- c. Task Server
- d. Notification Server
- e. Software Portal
8. When installing the Symantec Management Platform, which configuration is supported when installing from the Symantec Installation Manager with MS SQL Server 2008?
- a. MS SQL Server 2008 (Standard/Enterprise) on a Local Server
- b. MS SQL Server 2008 (Standard/Enterprise) on a Remote Server
- c. MS SQL Server 2008 (Standard/Enterprise) on a Local or Remote Server
- d. MS SQL Server 2008 running only reporting services on a Local or Remote Server
9. What are considered Notification Server tasks?
- a. Discovering resources on the network, installing and configuring the symantec management agents and generating web reports
- b. Discovering resources on the network, generating web reports and distributing software packages
- c. Generating web reports, installing inventory solution and installing and configuring the Symantec management agent
- d. Generating web reports, performing application metering and installing and configuring the Symantec management agent plug-ins
10. How does hierarchy assist with the overall management of multiple notification servers?
- a. Provides a distributed security infrastructure and allows child servers to manage parent servers
- b. Provides control over all unconstrained site servers from all notification servers
- c. Allows site servers to replicate information based on symantec management agent location
- d. Provides a central mechanism for managing policies from the parent notification server
11. When executing multiple tasks, the sequence is typically implemented as what type of object within the Symantec Management Platform?
- a. Service
- b. Policy
- c. Schedule
- d. Job
12. What option on the Notification Server will allow an administrator to immediately (in near real-time) execute a client-side task?
- a. Run Schedule
- b. Run Now
- c. Run Task
- d. Run Job
13. The Symantec Management Agent enables communication between the Notification Server and managed computers, select the agent types that are available and supported?
- a. Linux and Mac
- b. All Windows Computers
- c. Linux, Mac and Windows Computers
- d. All Windows and non-Windows based computers
14. What configuration setting would you use to deploy packages simultaneously to a select group of computers in a larger network?
- a. Bandwidth Configuration Settings
- b. Package Service Configuration Settings
- c. Multicast Configuration Settings
- d. PXE Configuration Settings
15. Name a network security protocol that performs data communications encryption with the Symantec management platform?
- a. PPA
- b. ISD
- c. TTL
- d. SSL
16. Which two windows methods can be used to import computers from the windows environment through the Discover Computers dialog from the Welcome to the Symantec Management Console? (Select two.)
- a. AD
- b. DHCP
- c. WINS
- d. PXE
- e. IP
17. You are administering a large MS Windows environment with 7000 machines and wish to best optimize the environment for performance through the Symantec Management Platform.
How many minutes should you apply to the Symantec Management Agent Update Configuration Setting?
- a. 120 minutes
- b. 60 minutes
- c. 5 minutes
- d. 240 minutes
18. When managing user security within the Notification Server what should you use to manage the maximum password age of a user’s account?
- a. You can manage the maximum password age by applying the correct security role from the security account management location
- b. Apply the Maximum Password Age setting within account settings from the account management location
- c. Use a Windows policy to manage the Windows credential for maximum password age
- d. Apply the Maximum Password Age setting within the Permissions security location
19. Which Microsoft Internet Explorer Browsers are supported in SMP 7.5?
- a. IE 7.X
- b. IE 8.X
- c. IE 9.X
- d. All of the Above
20. What version of Microsoft .Net Framework is supported in SMP 7.5?
- a. 1.1
- b. 2.0
- c. 3.5 SP1
- d. 3.5
Answers: 1-b, 2-c, 3-c, 4-b, 5-b&e, 6-d, 7-a&d, 8-c, 9-a, 10-d, 11-d, 12-b, 13-c, 14-c, 15-d, 16-a&c, 17-a, 18-c, 19-d, 20-c
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org