Exam Details Number of Questions: 70 - 80
Exam Duration: 90 minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. Which Altiris Agent plug-in is used to automatically reboot a computer after installing a patch?
- a. Client Task Agent Plug-in
- b. Software Update Agent Plug-in
- c. Deployment Solution Agent Plug-in
- d. Inventory Rule Agent Plug-in
2. Which Altiris Client Management Suite 7.1 solution contains the feature set an administrator uses to block a program from running?
- a. Application Metering Solution
- b. Application Management Solution
- c. Software Management Solution
- d. Inventory Solution
3. What does the Application Management Component of Inventory Solution enable an administrator to accomplish?
- a. identify application usage on a particular computer
- b. manage applications from either a white list or a black list
- c. compare changes in files and the registry between two computers
- d. back up registry keys from two different computers
4.Which two items must be downloaded before an administrator can download and stage any updates using Patch Management Solution 7.1? (Select two.)
- a. QChain
- b. Software Bulletins
- c. Software Update Agent
- d. Vulnerability Analysis
- e. PMImport
5. Software Discovery gathers data from which source?
- a. Program Files folder
- b. Add or Remove Program listing
- c. File Baseline scan
- d. Standard file inventory
6. Which Patch Management rule must run before replicating Patch Management data?
- a. Language Alerting
- b. Software Distribution Replication
- c. Data Import Replication
- d. Vulnerability Alerting
7. Which agent is required on the target computer to capture an image when using Deployment Solution 7.1?
- a. Deployment Solution Plug-in
- b. AClient
- c. Deployment Automation Agent
- d. DAgent
8. Several applications have been blacklisted to prevent them from running on company computers. A new Application Metering policy has been created with a rule that includes definition name, file name, and company.
Which field should be defined in the rule?
- a. MD5 hash value
- b. language
- c. internal name
- d. file size
9. Which scripting language is available to create a Custom Inventory task for Windows clients?
- a. C++
- b. PowerShell
- c. Shell script
- d. J++
10. What needs to be selected when configuring pcAnywhere security in an environment without Active Directory?
- a. Workgroup
- b. Anonymous
- c. LDAP
- d. pcAnywhere
11. Where are Real-Time System Manager security settings stored?
- a. Active Directory Manager
- b. Real-Time System Manager
- c. Credentials Management
- d. Symantec Management Platform
12. The Software Catalog manages Software Products.
What is a benefit of Software Products?
- a. Software Products allow data collected for similar software releases to be compiled into a single report.
- b. Software Products organize similar software releases as a single manageable identity.
- c. Software Products eliminate the need for individual software library entries.
- d. Software Products install multiple releases side-by-side.
13. Which tabs appear under Advanced options on a Gather Inventory task?
- a. Data Classes, Filter settings, and Run Options
- b. Data Options, File Properties Scan Settings, and Run Options
- c. Data Classes, File Properties Scan Settings, and Schedule Options
- d. Data Classes, File Properties Scan Settings, and Run options
14. A maintenance window is set from 7 pm to 10 am. The Default Software Update Agent policy is set to install software updates at 8 pm. A Software Update policy is created at 12:00 pm and scheduled to install as soon as possible. The maintenance window is honored. All machines are powered on 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Assuming the policy has been applied, when is the earliest the software update can be installed
- a. 7:00 pm
- b. 8:00 pm
- c. 12:00 pm
- d. never
15. After installing a new application into a virtual layer, a system administrator discovers that the application is functioning incorrectly.
Which methods can the administrator use to delete the application?
- a. Software Virtualization Command Task, Quick Delivery, or Managed Delivery
- b. Software Virtualization Command Task or Managed Delivery
- c. Quick Delivery or Managed Delivery
- d. Software Virtualization Command Task or Quick Delivery only
16. A system administrator has deployed Windows 7 successfully to new computers and wants to use the Apply System Configuration task to configure the computers.
Which options are available in a system configuration?
- a. add the computer to a domain and change the network connection display name
- b. rename the computer based on Name range and change the resolution settings
- c. change the Network Adapters settings to use DHCP and add local users
- d. move the computer to a specific OU and change the second DNS entry of the IP Configuration
17. After a virtual application was reset, the data in the virtual software layer was lost.
What must be done to prevent the data loss?
- a. save the data in the virtual software layer
- b. save the data in the read-only layer
- c. include the data with an include entry
- d. exclude the data with an exclude entry
18. Which two methods are used to enable an Altiris Client Management Suite 7.1 solution agent or plug-in policy? (Select two.)
- a. select the policy in the left pane and set the right pane radio button in the top right corner to "Enable"
- b. right-click on the policy in the left pane and choose "Enable"
- c. select the policy in the left pane and set the right pane radio button in the top right corner to "ON"
- d. right-click on the policy in the left pane and choose "ON"
- e. select the policy in the left pane and press the "Apply" button at the bottom of the right pane
19. Which predefined inventory policy is enabled by default in Inventory Solution 7.1?
- a. Collect Delta Software Inventory
- b. Collect Full Inventory
- c. Collect Delta Hardware Inventory
- d. Collect Delta Server Inventory
20. Which two technologies are supported by Out-Of-Band management? (Select two.)?
- a. AMT
- b. DASH
- c. WMI
- d. ICMP
- e. SNMP
Answers: 1-b, 2-d, 3-c, 4-a&e, 5-b, 6-a, 7-a, 8-c, 9-b, 10-d, 11-c, 12-b, 13-d, 14-a, 15-b, 16-d, 17-d, 18-b&c, 19-b, 20-a&b
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org