Exam Details Number of Questions: 70 - 80
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 72%
Answer each question then check the correct answers provided at the bottom of the page.
1. An organization purchased and installed the Legal Hold module into its Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1 environment. A System Manager needs to set legal hold for a case.
Parveen Khan is responsible for all the file servers. Neeta Kapur is responsible for the Microsoft Exchange Servers. The legal department indicates that all files and emails for the people displayed below must be retained for an upcoming case.
* Sabina Rogers
* Jun Lee
* Matthew Dean
Which combination of holds/notifications should the System Manager create to make efficient use of the Legal Hold notifications to meet these requirements?
- a. 5 Legal Holds, 2 System Admin Hold Notices, 3 Custodian Hold Notices
- b. 1 Legal Hold, 1 System Admin Hold Notice, 1 Custodian Hold Notice
- c. 1 Legal Hold, 2 System Admin Hold Notices, 3 Custodian Hold Notices
- d. 5 Legal Holds, 1 System Admin Hold Notice, 1 Custodian Hold Notice
2. A Case Team asked a System Manager to collect emails from a group of Custodians in a legal matter. The Case Team also requested that the email footer "This message may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information" which can be found at the end of all company emails, be excluded from indexing because the term "Proprietary" will be one of the search terms used in the case. Where can this exclusion setting be configured?
- a. Casename > Processing > Settings
- b. All Cases > System > Property Browser
- c. Case Home > Settings
- d. Case Home > Processing > Exceptions
3. A case contains sensitive data. A new case user is a subject matter specialist who needs to review documents returned by a specific keyword search. This user should be granted limited access so that only the items returned in the search can be accessed. How should this be accomplished?
- a. The specialist user should create a saved search using the appropriate keywords and create the search as a "Private" search.
- b. Create a Folder, run the keyword search, add all of the resulting documents into the new folder, and use the Assignment functionality to assign the folder to the specialist user.
- c. Create a Folder, run the keyword search, add all of the resulting items into that Folder, and adjust the specialist user's Access Profile to "Show" items for the designated Folder, to "Don't Show Folder or Contents," and to "Don't Show Documents" for items that are not in folders.
- d. Create a Folder or saved search that contains the items from the keyword search, tag all of the items with a certain tag (such as "Specialist Review Only"), and hide that specific tag from all other case users except for System Managers who have access to all tags by default.
4. One of the required steps that must be taken prior to upgrading to Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1 is use of the Clearwell Utility.
For which user input should "n" be selected?
- a. This will STOP all Clearwell services. Are you sure? (y/n)
- b. Do you like log files to be backed up? (y/n)
- c. Would you like to include case backups? (y/n)
- d. Start Clearwell services? (y/n)
5. Which feature should be disabled prior to installing the Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1?
- a. Printer Spooler Service
- b. Windows Search
- c. Indexing Services
- d. Windows Error Reporting
6. A hold in place can be applied to which data source using the Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1?
- a. Microsoft SharePoint
- b. Microsoft Exchange
- c. Symantec Enterprise Vault
- d. Lotus Domino
7. How does Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1 manage punctuation when it is building an index?
- a. Clearwell indexes some punctuation characters but does NOT index other characters.
- b. Clearwell does NOT index any punctuation characters.
- c. Clearwell indexes all punctuation characters in email messages, but no punctuation characters in loose files.
- d. Clearwell indexes all punctuation characters.
8. Which ability is provided by Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1's Active Learning Technology?
- a. the ability to suggest the documents that are most difficult to predict to provide the fastest way for the machine to learn
- b. the ability to suggest the documents that are easiest to predict to provide the fastest way for the machine to learn
- c. the ability to learn how to predict in real time as review occurs
- d. the ability to learn without using human training
9. A customer has implemented the Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1 and needs to collect from the Enterprise Vault 10.x system. The initial connection from the Clearwell system to the Enterprise Vault fails.
What are two likely causes? (Select two.)
- a. The Clearwell property esa.icp.ev.contentRetriever.readTimeout is set incorrectly.
- b. The version of the installed Enterprise Vault API run time on the Clearwell system mismatches the Enterprise Vault server version.
- c. The Enterprise Vault collector license is missing.
- d. The esaEVCrawlerService is running with an account that has insufficient permissions for the archives in Enterprise Vault.
- e. An incorrect collection method has been chosen in the system configuration.
10. A Case Team asks for the different Export capability of Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1.
What is an invalid option for export in Clearwell?
- a. Media Export
- b. Metadata Export
- c. Production Export
- d. Native Only Export
11. Which option is invalid for Metadata export?
- a. Metadata Fields
- b. Production Option
- c. Format
- d. Output
12. Which two fields are required to add a SharePoint Source? (Select two.)
- a. Account
- b. Custodian
- c. Location
- d. Group
- e. Name
13. Which backup method ensures all Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1 user accounts and permissions are saved?
- a. Case Backup
- b. System Backup
- c. Appliance Backup
- d. Node Backup
14. A System Manager needs to collect data from employees who use Macs connected to the network.
How should the user collect the required data using the Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1?
- a. install WINE on the Clearwell server and perform the collection as usual
- b. create a collection task and use the OnSite Collector
- c. create a collection task and set the source type to Mac
- d. ensure the setting is enabled to collect Mac data and perform the collection as usual
15. Which step in the Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1 Legal Hold Workflow creates containers for the preservation of custodian data?
- a. Populating the Employee List
- b. Legal Holds & Notices
- c. Custodian View/Response
- d. Reporting
16. Which method can be used to add a Survey to a Custodian Notice?
- a. Add Attachment
- b. Add Question
- c. Survey Responses
- d. Settings
17. A Case Admin is working with a customer who has processed 100 mail messages from Lotus Notes (NSF) and 100 mail messages from Microsoft Outlook (PST). All of the mail messages are unique and none have attachments. The customer asks for a metadata export, with the mail files left in their native format. The export directory only contains 101 files.
Why might this happen?
- a. Lotus Notes mail messages can be exported only in DXL format.
- b. Symantec Clearwell eDiscovery Platform 7.1 exports only a single instance of each indexed document.
- c. Microsoft Outlook mail messages can be exported only in HTML format or directly to a PST.
- d. Lotus Notes mail messages can be exported only in HTML format or directly to an NSF.
18. A Case User is working with a search result set and has a discussion selected on the Discussions tab.
What is the only action available to the discussion item?
- a. tag
- b. export
- c. print
- d. cache
19. Which two folder directories should be excluded from antivirus scanning? (Select two.)
- a. d:\mysql
- b. d:\%CWHOME%
- c. d:\Clearwell Packages
- d. d:\IGC
- e. C:\Programs
20. A System Manager is troubleshooting a set of files that has failed to export. After clicking the “Find Failed Docs” link, the System Manager can view the affected documents onscreen. When the System Manager attempts to export one of the files, however, the export fails.
Where can the System Manager find a possible cause for the export failures?
- a. summary.xml
- b. clearwell_export_manifest.xml
- c. recoverable_urn.xml
- d. input_urn.xml
Answers: 1-b, 2-a, 3-c, 4-c, 5-d, 6-c, 7-a, 8-a, 9-b&d, 10-a, 11-b, 12-c&e, 13-b, 14-b, 15-b, 16-b, 17-d, 18-a, 19-a&b, 20-c
Contact the Symantec Certification Team
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you have questions or need further assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org