Symantec Protection Engine for Network Attached Storage
Protect mission critical storage with fast, scalable, and on-demand threat detection and content control.
Symantec Protection Engine for Network Attached Storage provides scalable, high-performance threat detection services. These services protect valuable data stored on network attached storage (NAS) devices, providing increased scanning performance and improved detection capabilities for protection against multi-blended threats. Protection Engine includes Symantec's industry-leading malware protection for fast, scalable, and reliable content scanning services. These help organizations protect their data and storage systems against the ever-growing malware threat landscape. Malware definitions and engines are updated automatically with no interruption in malware scanning using Symantec LiveUpdate. Definitions can also be distributed centrally to multiple deployments utilizing the included Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator application.
- The next generation malware detection engine enables Protection Engine to detect unknown, recent, and new threats through dynamic categorization and advanced
- Enhanced performance and scalability.
- Provides flexible and powerful control over files that cannot be accurately scanned. For example, encrypted files or malformed containers.
- Integration with Active Directory® for single-sign on.
- Provides high-performance scanning of files for viruses, malware, spyrware, worms, and Trojan horses.
- Easily integrates with third-party NAS devices via ICAP.
- Delivers statistical and detailed activity reports that can be viewed in HTML or exported to CSV format.
- Delivers consumption reporting to illustrate how resources are being utilized.
- Improved alerts allow event triggers to be sent via email or SNMP alerts when a predetermined number of events occur.
- Central quarantine allows administrators to safely move potential threats to a safe area on a centralized server.
- Improved logging captures and displays more event details.
Advantages of Protection Engine for Network Attached Storage
- Leverages the next generation of Symantec threat detection technology
- Scalable solution with the ability to run multiple Protection Engine for Network Attached Storage servers in parallel and utilize most popular load-balancing solutions
- Support for multiple operating systems and mix mode deployment
- Backed up by the Symantec Security Response organization